Eh... Apple hyped to much!!!!!!!!!!

$1400 cdn. is more like $934 u.s. And ManicDVLN, you are anything but peaceful. Forgetful perhaps. Maybe you should review your comments from this and <a href="http://www.press3.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9010&perpage=15&pagenumber=2">other forums</a> before you call the kettle black.

So much aggression and angre in Mac users, I guess all that temper is coming from the problematic OS X, that is fueling you to express so much hate to a fellow forum member. How dare you sir! Pshaaa!

if that didn't sound like it stemed from my post, then i don't know what it did....

Anyway, just another note on the new iMac:

They actually managed to squeeze a built-in microphone in there too, as well as the internal speaker! So it IS all-in-one, even if Apple provides the Apple Pro speakers along with it.

Now let's just see if we can resolve the question about the iMac having a fan... (I wanna know direct from Apple).

Originally posted by ManicDVLN
2100??? BULLSHIT, HOW CAN YOU GET RIPPED OFF WITH THAT PRICE!

You got screwed, has nothing to do with value.

I have an Athlon XP 1700+ Retial (270$)
Gigabyte GA-7VTX-E (131$)
40 GB 7200 RPM Maxtor ATA 100 (144$)
SB Live Value (51$)
256MB DDR Memory (75$)
17'' LG Flatron 795ft Plus! monitor (345$)
Labtec NXT super flat speakers (65$)
Floppy Drive (15$)
DVD-ROM (86$)
Nextec2002 case (100$)
LG CDRW 24x10x32 (139$)
Asus Geforce 3 Retail (400$)

1400$ Can = 868$! US

BEAT THAT APPLE!

If you're not an Apple user or an Apple fan then why do you come to this Site? Seriously, I'm curious.

so much to address -
1st - manicdvln, please remember that blingbling is only 14 yo. He is actually very intelligent but is prone (as demonstrated) to the pitfalls of the changes he is going thru. keep your posts on an intellectual level and he will probably keep up with you. this is not an excuse or defense of his emotional outburst but rather pointing out that this is a chance for you to show your maturity.
2nd - actually steve is just the right age to say cool as often as he pleases. the word really entered the vocabulary during his teens.
3rd - blingbling, don't be so sure the majority want him gone. check your poll. you are behind right now.
4th - comparing canadian and american $$$ is fruitless. in the end they are essentially the same. the reason for inflated canadian prices is inflated canadian wages.

nuff for now:)

ed... LOL! :D that was funny yet true at the same time... and that poll really doesn't do very well when there has only been 8 votes out of 6,159 registered members...

2100??? BULLSHIT, HOW CAN YOU GET RIPPED OFF WITH THAT PRICE!

You got screwed, has nothing to do with value.

I have an Athlon XP 1700+ Retial (270$)
Gigabyte GA-7VTX-E (131$)
40 GB 7200 RPM Maxtor ATA 100 (144$)
SB Live Value (51$)
256MB DDR Memory (75$)
17'' LG Flatron 795ft Plus! monitor (345$)
Labtec NXT super flat speakers (65$)
Floppy Drive (15$)
DVD-ROM (86$)
Nextec2002 case (100$)
LG CDRW 24x10x32 (139$)
Asus Geforce 3 Retail (400$)

1400$ Can = 868$! US

BEAT THAT APPLE!

I got wholesale prices with a slight markup:
Case $151
256MB PC133 RAM $61
60GB IBM HD ATA100 $347
Aopen 50x cdrom $48
Radeon AGP $175
Floppy drive $18
SBLive! $106
Athlon Tbird 1.4GHz $336
Asus A7V133 mobo $210
LG 17" monitor $235

All prices above are Canadian and were paid on Sept 7 2001
Prices don't include the 15% tax

Most of those prices you gave, I have a hard time believing.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

4th - comparing canadian and american $$$ is fruitless. in the end they are essentially the same. the reason for inflated canadian prices is inflated canadian wages.

WHAT???:confused:
I don't know about that....

So much aggression and angre in Mac users, I guess all that temper is coming from the problematic OS X, that is fueling you to express so much hate to a fellow forum member. How dare you sir! Pshaaa!

PC is short for PEACE :)

You want to cut it out now Manic?

If you've got something relevant to add to the thread, then do it, otherwise quit poking at people. I myself work on a PC at home, and actually don't have many complaints. (That's because I only do word processing on it :p ) Other than that it's Mac all the way.

'nuff said.

I will say and do whatever I wish, I have the legal power to do so... you ain't in the position to tell me what to do, you little dictator.

Remeber that this is still just an iMac. That means consumer level, not pro. I am really stoaked for the new improvements, especially the fact that it is 800 mhz and super drive all on a lower end machine. There was not too much hype, just look at anything Microsoft gets a hold of. Talk about promoting last years news as their own invention.

Manic, I guess you fail to understand that APPLE sold 6 million iMacs. In another post you said that number is insignificant compared to PC figures. Of course it is compared to ALL PC's sold, but it is huge for a SINGLE model of a SINGLE manufacturer's computer. And you keep saying, who will buy these things? Probably many more than the 6 million who bought the original iMac over its life span.
You always say noone will buy a computer that is not expandable (a "prison" you call the iMac) and that it would be hell having an iMac. But that is exactly why so many buy these machines, because they are simple. What grandma and grandpa, average Joe, typical American actually cares about expandability and what not? So many of them want a computer that just works without hassle that they can enjoy! That is exactly what Apple's goal was, not to make the perfect computer for every human! You seem to believe that just because the iMac doesn't have every advantage a computer can have makes it a piece of junk. There is no "one for all" computer. The iMac is not marketed to computer nerds who want to play around with and upgrade their systems.
No first time computer buyer is going to do what you did- go out, find the cheapest components, buy them, and assemble it themselves. They aren't interested finding a dirt cheap computer they have to make themselves, or any OfficeMax sold piece of crap. To sum it up, a cheap PC is not the answer for all computer buyers!! I don't see how you fail to understand this!! You seem to be stuck on the fact that you can buy a (you say better) computer for less and think that makes the iMac worthless. Absolutely not. It is not the Cube II (a flop), it is an iMac (overwhelming success). It does not fit EVERYONE'S computing needs, but is perfect for so many others. They will buy it.

Exactly right Madhatter.

All those PC analysts(know nothing knowitalls:)), said the original iMac would fail because there weren't any USB periferals, no floppy drive, etc.

6 million iMacs later, and they still think they are right. We'll see about that.

I believe that the new iMac will sell like hotcakes, just like the original. I already want one, and I be about 1/4 to 1/2 of the people(maybe more) on this board would want one.

Wait a min, you saying able to expand your computer is a nerdy features? So you expect these grandmas and grandpas to buy a new Imac each year cause the one they have now is almost too slow and obsolete? I don't buy that... No thanx

I wouldn't want 6 Imacs in my house just because it cant be upgraded. Not to mention the price, and its not LOW END, its too expensive for a low end computer.

Back