Eh... Apple hyped to much!!!!!!!!!!

AppleWatcher

Tigerrr
I think Apple has hyped too much on her site!!!!!!

'To go where no PC has gone' or something? What do they mean?
'Beyond the rumor sites. Far beyond' What do they mean?
iPhoto was known months ago! And the new iMac, too!

What's the wowsupergreatultraturbo-iThing that we don't know???

Is there coming more??? :confused::confused::confused::D

AppleWatcher

Humm, yah, kinda disappointing. Maybe they're coming up with some more stuff later in the Expo? :D

There will be no PowerMac G4 speed bump at this Expo. It isn't happening. Either the chips aren't ready, or Apple didn't want to blow their wad for the whole year right in the first week. Whatever the reason, our next opportunity for speed bumped PowerMacs will be MacWorld Tokyo. If it doesn't happen then, it's anyone's guess.

Apple definitely hyped too much. All of today's products are great, but nothing was a surprise, except for maybe the 14" iBook.

However, Apple's consumer product line is now the best it is ever been. The hardware is great, and the software (OS and iApps) is better than any other offering out there.

i don't think it was hyped too much...

Lust Factor Ten: Yes, it looks beautiful!
Way beyond the rumor sites: Yes, who envisioned a hemisphere?!
To go where no PC has gone before: What other kind of PC looks like this... especially with it's specs!

I think it was appropriately done because this was a very good keynote... you just analyze things too much that it doesn't seem as good as it really was...

Actually, I agree with blingbling.

The only surprise was that there were no new PowerMacs.

But that iMac is *#^&@ing awesome. You have to see it at the keynote to believe it. Seriously. A G4 800 MHz, GeForce 2 MX 32MB VRAM, SuperDrive, 60 gig hard drive, 256 megs RAM, 15" flat-panel display built-in, all-in-one design, 3 USB ports, 2 FireWire ports, even video mirroring. ALL FOR $1799 (high-end, of course). Oh, wait, one more thing -- THAT'S A MINISCULE FOOTPRINT for what it does. I'd say this is definitely where no PCs have gone before.

The one thing that really surprised me, though, is that the high-end iMac is now better than the low-end PowerMac, except in terms of expandibility. I guess PowerMacs might be announced at MWT (in Februrary?) or at a special Apple event in late January. Of course, the high-end iMac doesn't ship 'til the end of January, the mid doesn't ship 'til end of Feb, and the low-end doesn't ship 'til end of March. But damn is that thing cool.

where did you sit simX? i was in the center (pretty much in front of that big screen) in about row 5... i dunno which it was, didn't count, was just happy to be so close!

I wish I could have been there :p

As for New powermacs, apple needs to give attention to all its products so apple cannot release them all at the same time. You need to have a "wow" factor for each prodcut if you are going to make $$$$

Most apple fans already got screwed into buying a G4 cube and the old Imacs, the question is WHY SHOULD THEY GET A NEW ONE WHICH WILL COST THEM ANOTHER 1300$

THIS IS WHERE MACS FALL SHORT, THEY ARE NOT CUSTOMIZABLE, YOU CANNOT UPGRADE THEM. YOU HAVE VERY STRICT LIMITATIONS ON HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE.

AND IF THEY CHANGE THE FUCKEN IMAC EVERY YEAR, IT'S LIKE CHANGING A GAME CONSOLE, IT'S NOT CUSTOMIZABLE, IT IS NOT A PC.

YOU CANNOT JUST GO OUT A BUY A NEW MB, THIS WHOLE AESTHETIC CHANGES WILL JUST CRIPPLE APPLE AT THE END.

AND I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE MASSES, I AM JUST TALKING AOBUT THE APPLE FAN BASE.

DON'T YOU PPL EVEN THINK THAT ANY PC USER WOULD BUY THIS CRAP. THEY'RE MAN MADE PRISON BOXES, IF YOU BUY ONE, ITS LIKE BUYING A TV, IT WILL HAVE THE SAME FEATURES FOR THE REST OF THAT MACHINES LIFE... FOREVER!

NOT EVEN IN 2 YEARS, YOU PEOPLE WILL ALREADY REALISE THIS IMAC, WHICH SOME FOOLS IN THIS FORUM WILL BUY, WILL FEEL THE OBSOLETENESS OF THEIR "NEW" MACHINE VERY QUICKLY.

IT'S FUNNY THAT APPLE HAS THE SAME IDEA FOR ITS SOFTWARE, OS9 APPS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OSX APPS, YOU HAVE TO BUY EVERYTHING NEW.

APPLE DOESN'T THINK DIFFERENT, IT JUST WEARS A CUTE MASK

STILL GREED IS APPLE'S CREED

Apple has to put it out one product at a time - to make sure PC'users get the whole picture.

Every time I talk to a PC user he says something like "Apple, last time they came up with this cpu in a little box, right?".

The world forgets about the Mac if you don't keep it posted.

yes, i think the expo was overhyped, but i'm not at all disappointed with the products that were introduced.

apple now offers, IMHO, the best line-up of consumer hardware/software available. period. the new iMac is an awesome value.

down the road a bit, we'll see the same for the pro line.

It's not an AWESOME VALUE, It's too expensive, if Mac wants to attract new customers, this isn't the way.

Btw, 1300$ = 2000$ + 15% tax =2300$ Can, so don't think any Canadian will be rushing to purchase this oversized lamp.

As usual, Steve and Apple waaaaaay over-hyped MacWorld. I will be there in a few days and am excited (but mostly for third-party vendors) to go, BUT, I was not impressed. Do I like the new iMac? Yes, after a few blinks of the eye (quite a few actually) it has grown on me. I like it's G4 speed and SuperDrive (and RAM expansion base). BUT, I wanted an iPad or G4 speed boosts (not to mention G5). Where the F@#k is a 1GHz machine!!!???

Oh, Steve, FYI: stop saying "cool." I still love ya but give it a rest -- you're too far past twenty-something to say "cool" for something over and over when, in fact, the things you are gloating about are not all THAT cool. It's not like Apple invented the flat-panel LCD itself and we are seeing it for the first time. Again, I like the iMac but I have a lamp that looks EXACTLY like the movable arm on the iMac; just swap the halogen bulb for the LCD panel and walah! Even the base of my lamp looks like the iMacs base -- it has to! Otherwise the damn thing would tip over! ... now an iPad, THAT would be cool.

Originally posted by ManicDVLN
It's not an AWESOME VALUE, It's too expensive, if Mac wants to attract new customers, this isn't the way.

Btw, 1300$ = 2000 Can, so don't think any Canadian will have luxury to purchase this oversized lamp.

What are you talking about? I just bought an Athlon 1.4GHz last September(for school: programming), with a monitor, and 60GB IBM drive, and it cost me $2100.00 Canadian. All, that, and the friggin Athlon has burnt it self out in less than 4 months. THAT'S WHAT I CALL VALUE :mad:

I would much rather have spent that money on an Apple product, and would definately want one of the new iMacs if I had the spare cash.

2100??? BULLSH*T, HOW CAN YOU GET RIPPED OFF WITH THAT PRICE!

You got screwed, has nothing to do with value.

I have an Athlon XP 1700+ Retial (270$)
Gigabyte GA-7VTX-E (131$)
40 GB 7200 RPM Maxtor ATA 100 (144$)
SB Live Value (51$)
256MB DDR Memory (75$)
17'' LG Flatron 795ft Plus! monitor (345$)
Labtec NXT super flat speakers (65$)
Floppy Drive (15$)
DVD-ROM (86$)
Nextec2002 case (100$)
LG CDRW 24x10x32 (139$)
Asus Geforce 3 Retail (400$)

1400$ Can = 868$! US

BEAT THAT APPLE!

how many times must we tell you... go **** your ******* ***** and shut up before we stick that non-apple up your ******* ass you **** licking canadian son of a *****!

we don't want you here, so why do you come here. just to be the mother ******* epitomy of PC users that don't get it yet... it seems you'd have to be shot in the head to understand anything... and you obviously need a few... so you can just get the hell off these boards because a majority of us don't want you here.... you and a few of your "PC IS GOD" counterparts can just go away too because they aren't valued much here either...

and if you're so "PRO PC" why did you come here in the first place?!

you just have to get on everyone's nerves don't you....

*now, nothing against all canadians, just this one...

So much aggression and angre in Mac users, I guess all that temper is coming from the problematic OS X, that is fueling you to express so much hate to a fellow forum member. How dare you sir! Pshaaa!

PC is short for PEACE :)

Back