Entourage 2008 on Leopard 10.5.2

markwindsor

Registered
Hello,
I have a new Imac 24inch with 10.5.2
I use office 2008 and Entourage 2008 does not work well at all.
I am on a microsoft Exchange server (internal) I work for a software co.

Entourage kicks in sometimes works for a couple of hours then it just stops as if its not connected to anything at all.
My account setting in entourage are correct.
My network preferences are correct (coming from the IT dept)
But it still disconnects and sends all my emails to the drafts folder, then maybe during the day it will work or if I reboot it may work for an hour or so then drop off.

the error that pops up is:
Error
HTTP error. The resource is not found.

Explanation
Mail could not be sent. The message has been moved to your Drafts folder.

Account name: "Mark Windsor"
Error: -18596

can you help... microsoft help centre sucks

Mark

Entourage kicks in sometimes works for a couple of hours then it just stops as if its not connected to anything at all.
My account setting in entourage are correct.
If Entourage connects to the server and works for a couple of hours or a couple, a couple of minutes, or a couple of seconds, then your account information is setup properly. How often to you have it set to check your Exchange server?

I have this happen randomly on 12 new Leopard machines using Office 2008 (most current patches) and Exchange 2003.

I get the HTTP error window when it happens, I basically have 12 unhappy designers so any help would be awesome.

Steve

I am having the exact same issue that you reported on 3/29/2008. Did you ever figure this one out? Same issue. Entourage 2008 randomly disconnecting from Exchange Server 2003. I can sometimes get it back up and running by rebooting, but it is inconsistent. Basically, it doesn't work more often than it does. I AM the systems administrator, and all the settings are correct for our network.

Thanks,
Justin

I also have the same problem.
Entourage 2008 Ver 12.1.2 / Exchange 2003 (Latest Updates)
The affected machines are 2 iMacs running Leopard 10.5.5
I also am the Systems Admin

I have tried everything including a total reinstallation of the Mac OS.
These machines are on the local network although are routed from another subnet.

I have 1 remote machine (MacBook Pro - Leopard 10.5.5 Entourage 12.1.2) working fine.
I also can get these 2 iMacs to connect if I establish a VPN Connection to the Server, so have confirmed all settings are correct.
However a long term VPN Connection is not practical.

If anyone has solved this issue - Please let me know

Thanks
Allister

Hold down the option key while launching Entourage and rebuild your database. When I have Office 2004 it would fix a lot of headaches with it.

Back