Extra iPhoto folders?

baba

Registered
Since upgrading to iPhoto6 I have a lot of what look like extra folders in ther Pictures/iPhoto Library folder. This is typical of what is included in all the folders. Are these necessary or can I trash them. The originals folder appears to contain the actual pictures.

Attachments

• Picture 1_350x156.shkl.png
    Picture 1_350x156.shkl.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 8
I would not trash those files. The Pictures library have more files with the original pictures, modified and saved states file that iPhoto saves all your little changes in (the change data).

By the way, your picture was so small my old eyes couldn't really tell what those files were.::angel::

The picture is too small for some to read, but basically all the folders at the top labled by year,month, etc., end up with a Data folder containing an xxxx.attr file. Are these left over from the iPhoto upgrade, and can they be deleted?

Sounds like something went wrong... I don't see any such files in my iPhoto library folders... On the other hand: iPhoto works fine now, right? If those files don't waste too much space, I'd do _nothing_.

That's the way my iPhoto library is organized as well... I would leave well enough alone and let iPhoto do the Finder organization for you. If you want to organize the photos yourself in the Finder, I would suggest using a different program than iPhoto. iPhoto takes the manual Finder organization out of your hands and uses its own cryptic organization structure.

Back