Finally found the world's biggest idiot! (PC'ing his G5...)

I've seen that before... "G5" sounds and flows better than "G4" I think. Even if it is a G4.

Cactus: MacAddict printed a letter from someone whose B&W G3 case got melted in a fire. It still works fine, but it looks like it could be Jello... ;)

nixgeek said:
Just for craps and giggles, check this out (if you haven't already)... :)

http://www.spymac.com/gallery/show_photo.php?picid=346&size=big

Even THIS would not be as bad as the G5PC abomination.

PS: weird that the poster uses a G4-ish case design and refers to it as a G5. :confused:

Take a look at the copyright date on that sucker.

All I can say is that the guy is a moron. And it looks hideous with the green light. Though I would like to see what it would look like with a blue light.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Someone got a Dual 2.0GHz G5 as a gift from their parents, but wanted Windows XP. Instead of returning the G5, ebaying the G5, or getting Windows to run on the G5, they gutted it!

What did they install?

A Biostar micro ATX board, Athlon XP 2200, SCSI, 36GB HD, and onboard video because the board has no AGP.

Now, I don't think this was done to disrespect the Mac, they have good things to say about the construction, but really! I mean, sell the thing! They gave the parts to a friend for free, which is nice, but whoa! I know the case is cool, but is it worth $3000.00 to you? I mean, if they ebayed a CPU, or the Mobo, they could have purchased the Athlon 64 system they wanted with serial ATA to get use out of the 160GB drive it shipped with.

I'm just in shock. If I got a $3000.00 PC, I'd just return it, I'm sure my mother would be pleased more that I got something I could use for the money she spent on me, rather than taking a $2700.00+ bath.

One question: Should this be moved to "How To"?

"How to"? What, How to be an... (I'm sure we all can feel in the blank creatively)

Why care, it's a nice mod, and he is happy with his computer, so thats all that matters.

I mean it is a nice case, i didn't care too much for the G5 till i worked on one.

I always thought I'd get a blue light for a G5 if I got one.

Now its sad. I have an Athlon 64 sytem here, with 160GB SATA drive, 40GB ATA drive, Windows XP Pro, optical outputs, FireWire, USB 2.0, 10/100 LAN, 10/100/1000 LAN, nVidia GeForce 3Ti graphics, 1GB PC2700 DDR, custom mirrored case with blue LED installed. It gets some use, for goofing and programming, but not like my TiBook does at all!

I would have GLADLY shipped him my entire PC for the Dual 2.0GHz G5.

Yes, filling in the blank creatively is exactly why I was thinking this should be in "how to" :)

I'm not so sure its a nice mod even. I mean, nothing about it was ultra creative, unless you consider scrapping $3000.00 in parts your parents bought you to create a below average PC. I mean, c'mon. Ebay some parts and get AGP and an Athlon 64 CPU in there at least! I'm just not getting how someone can be A-OK with losing that type of money and sheer power to downgrade. I'm not saying downgrade because its a PC, its a simple fact that a dual 2.0GHz G5 should smoke a single Athlon XP 2200+ system with onboard video none the less, any day of the week.

I'm afraid I hope his parents DO find out what he did...

Instead of being honest, telling his parents what he'd really like and probably gaining their complete understanding, he took a superb $3,000 computer and completely f***ed it up...

he then posted his "mod" on the web for all to see...

Why? Because he like pissing off his Mac friends...

pathetic... I really hope he gets busted.

why do i get the feeling someone will snitch on this kid, lol. Come on, it was his, how does his parents not find out on their own... now that should be the question.

my parents wouldn't have a clue that a Dual G5 isn't meant to emit blue light through the grille...

perhaps his don't either?!

also, perhaps they don't know that the G5 normally operates on OS X?!?

who knows?

he's still a useless git...

I mean as far as the mod process, you would think they would know something was going on. Then again, why did they buy it anyway, since he wanted a Dell, which is a lot cheaper. Ok, enough with this, this isn't worth my time no longer.

Having been a PC Modder, and spending severaly hundred dollars on cooling equipment and rice, when I could've spent the same money upgrading the CPU. I kind of know why this kid would've done it. However, He is still a complete Git. A few years ago, someone in my Modders Group had is Blue & White G4 burn out just outside of Warranty. He dumped a Dual CPU P3 in the case and it was ran reasonably well.

Ripping the guts out of a Complete Working system is a bit silly. To replace it with a cheap system is Completely Unexcusable. I hope his Mummy and Daddy take his toy off him, and ground him 'Til he's out of High School.

BTW The Mods are pathetic. My sister could do a better job than this, and she can't even use a Screw Driver, let alone a Dremel.

I think the main point here is he could have returned the G5 and gotten TWO friggin' maxed-out Dells.

What a waste of DNA…

I hope his parents buy him iLife '04 for his birthday and want to see all the great stuff it can do.

Urbansory said:
Why care, it's a nice mod, and he is happy with his computer, so thats all that matters.

i dont really care bout what he did. if he wants to bee an idiot i dont care.
his parents could buy him a BMW and he could put a mitsubishi car engine in there., i still wouldnt care..

im just jealous of the idiot's friend. he said he gave all the G5 parts to him. why could i not have such a dumb friend ?

cybergoober said:
I think the main point here is he could have returned the G5 and gotten TWO friggin' maxed-out Dells.

Yes, he probably asked for a Dell, his parents probably thought they were getting him something much faster but didn't know the difference between Macs and PCs... he says his parents know nothing about computers in there somewhere. But right, he could have told his parents Thank You, but... this won't work for me. Return it within the Apple time limit and pay a re-stocking fee and get his maxed-out Dell (which he probably wouldn't use because he says he only uses internet and email :rolleyes: ) and save his parents money. It's dumb to even have a PC in a G5 case... that's like people with Honda's putting BMW M3 logos and grills on their cars.

Basically he's a spoiled jerk. But his friend apparently made out well, if he can find a way to make use of the parts without the case it was designed to work in.

Hell, he could have sold the G5 parts on ebay or something and at least put some _decent_ PC parts in there.

Again I say, what a waste of DNA

Back