first mac?

mbveau said:
By the way, what is the difference between "Apple" and "Mac"/"Macintosh" ? I'm too young to actually remember any products.

yes, as Qion stated; apple is the company and macintosh is the line of computers (macintosh is a brand of apples (the fruit) btw). The computer and the OS are one. Without the MacOS a macintosh is not a macintosh, but just a pc. A powerbook/ibook is a macintosh (even though it doesnt say so in the name) because it is a computer made by Apple to be sold, and work perfectly, with the MacOS.

Apple have made several products; Printers, displays, digital cameras (one of the first, if not the very first), a portabel music player called the iPod, computers, applications, accessories and such. but they are most known for their macintosh line of computers and their music player.

i hope this was an answer to your question.

oh, a Mac Plus, by the way. with 4 mb of memory and a 20 or 40 mb (dont remember) backpackhd. 1985, i think. but the backpackhd was bought a couple of years later. it still runs good (but not the hd).

in 96 I switched to mac and my first was a used powerbook 540c that had been upgraded to a ppc 603e 117mhz. it had the ram maxed to 40mb and had a 500mb hd. it also came with an external cd rom, external zip and external 56k modem. it was a pretty sweet setup for the time.

333Mhz iMac G3, 64MB RAM, 6GIG HD, broken-ass CD drive that I had to replace, could just barely run OS X with a memory upgrade, loved it. MACS RULE!

I am a newby Mac owner I just got 4 Mac's this weekend for free a Power 7600/120 that works great with monitor mouse etc running 8.6, a couple of performas and Quad all with monitors mice etc. from same person. Mac's are completely new to me never used one before I only ever had PC's since my first 386 running 3.1. I am quite pleased with 7600 it is quick and seamless with the right software. and the price was right. My son had some older games that just would'nt play right on my PC but work great on the Mac. I think I will defintely get a Mac when my Presario dies. I may try surfing the NET with it when my wife is using the other PC. Windows is so twitchy these days
Dewey

Congratulations Dewey :) & welcome to the forums !

You have a little bit of Apple history there, for sure~!

I used to have a Power Mac 5500/225 and it was a great little machine ... still going strong too, as I gave it away to a friend.

If you have any questions fire away as I for one always like to see a Mac put to good use!

Back