first mac?

Yeah, I'm sure the TI-99/4A would still work if my mom's boyfriend didn't decide to do some electronics work. Basically the plug for the computer (to the TV) was about to die, so he stripped the wires and connected them in the wrong place to the TV.

The next time I turned on the TI, smoke started creeping out the vents... :(

first apple :
apple][e (1986). Lost in one of my mother in law moves...

first mac :
Mac SE 30 (1988) upgraded in SE40.

current one :
Dual G4 800.

Between them : an LC(1), duo230, then a 7200/90 owned,
and a lot more at work : IIci, Quadra 650, PPC8500/150, dualG4 533 (current one).

next to buy : a traveller's ibook 600.

owned a PC for 6 months, in 1985...

First Apple Used: Apple ][e

First Macs I used: Mac SE30, PowerBook (something or rather, too long ago I can't remember)

First Mac Owned: iMac Rev B 233, still going strong!

• The fisrt Mac I really used was a G4 400 AGP in my University Lab... I was the only one who could use it... so I learned a lot about Macs and started to use them over PCs...

• My fisrt Mac I bought is an iMac DV SE 500 to which I upgraded the RAM to 512MB and the HD with an IBM 40GB 7200RPM and 2MB of Cache! :)
A Lacie CD-RW Firewire, an iPod 5GB and H/K Sound Sticks! :D

• My future Mac will be coming soon... this summer, but I don't know yet if it will be an LCD iMac or NEW PowerMac or a laptop? :D

I love macs, and hate PCs!!!

Ro

My first computers were an Apple IIe and an IBM PC, however that doesn't count for my first "Mac," I guess...

My first Mac was a 1984 Mac... MacPaint had me mesmerized for hours, as did Dark Castle.

Once I was hooked on Mac, I owned a wealth of PCs, before having 2 Quadra 950s, a IIfx, a 7100/80, an 8100/100 (could have been 90MHz, not sure), a 7600/120, a 7600/132, a Centris 650, a PowerMac 6100/60, a beige G3/300 and finally this G4/400 Yikes! machine.

An Apple IIgs. I remember almost nothing about it. Well, there was that little game that taught you how to use the mouse. Whew.

-the valrus

My addiction started with the Powerbook 160. It had 25MHz, 100 Mb HD, and 4 Mb of RAM. It works well today too, running the old System 7. We bough the Performa 6200/75 six months later, and ever since there has only been Macs for me. :)

Kris

First Mac: a second-hand, pristine condition, Mac Classic. 4 MB of RAM, 40MB hard disk, System 6.08. 68000 processor running at 8MHz, and a 9" monochrome screen. So don't come pissing and moaning to me about how slow OS X is ;)

I upgraded in to system 7.1, and actively used it 'til 1998 when I got my bondi iMac, rev B, which is still the current machine, runnin OS 8.6.

The Classic worked fine two weeks ago when I fired it up. I used it for email, text-only web surfing, newsgroups, ClarisWorks, etc etc.

I finally sold it for a pittance at a boot sale the other week, along with a StyleWriter II and modem.

:(

My first mac was a iMac DV400 DVD 10gb 64mb.
I have upgraded slightly since, to a 800mhz Flat Panel.

I still have a PC based laptop, but I honestly cant remember the last time it was turned on.

:D My first Mac was a Mac 512k that was upgraded to Mac Plus stats, and it had a 20 meg HD, 2 megs of RAM, and it came with System 1.1. I immediately upgraded 1.1 to 6.0.8. ;)

Originally posted by 10bellies
My first mac was a iMac DV400 DVD 10gb 64mb.
I have upgraded slightly since, to a 800mhz Flat Panel.

I still have a PC based laptop, but I honestly cant remember the last time it was turned on.

that is so funny... i do too, and it still works, although i have not used it
in months. and now im getting a powerbook soon... cant wait.

first apple: apple ][e...
first mac: mac lc ii (these were both owned by the parents...)
MY first mac: blue & white g3 300 yosemite

Although I used a Centris 440 AV (I think) at University, I've been a PC'er up until 2 months ago, when I bought my first Mac.

An Graphite iMac G3 600.

It's my best friend... :p

BTW: I'm proud to say my first computer was Texas Instuments 99/4a, which we bought roughly a day before TI stopped supporting them!

Back