First post with Safari on MacOSX.com!

Safari Sucks! The stuff I need isn't implemented:
- Tabbed Browsing
- Bookmarks Pane
- Password remembrence
I will not use Safari until these features are added. In the meanwhile I will stick to the King of Browsers: Mozilla!!

- matthias
- pbmac

the only good thing I notice is Safari's Speed!!!
The interface is nice, too!!

Originally posted by ccuilla

2. It need appearanced preferences to dump the underlined links. I hate those. Every other browser has this.

that issue can be helped. in the preferences, under the appearance tab, you can select a css style sheet. you can then use it to elliminate the underlined links.

do as follows:
1. open text edit (or whatever text editor you like)
2. put this in it: a {text-decoration: none;}
3. save it text only as: xxxx.css
4. select it in safari

voila! underlines gone!

Some people said it had no home button?! ... you just gotta tick it like the status bar, via the "View" Menu! :p

I like it, but i think i will stick with Chimera ... i want / miss

* Tabs
* Dock Popup showing bookmarks *Small, but i miss it! *
* The Keychain! ... Chimera works wonderfully with that side of things! :D

Someone take a snap-shot of Sufari w/ macosx.com loaded (main page) and upload it, high-res.

Thanks.

Thanks...

Well, it looks like Mozilla rendering or Gecko or whatever. I like IE's rendering better, always have. But, IE is slow and buggy.

I wonder if this move by Apple will kill development by IE for Mac or if it will make it stronger?

Safari - Died on me -- now won't open at all ---- I have rebooted, deleted app - re-downloaded it, samething -- double click on it and it says it unexpectedlt quit.... Ok repaired system permissions on OSX volume and reinstalled 10.2.3 update ... Still same thing when I click on the safari icon ... Any Ideas???

for me, removing the safari folder in my library then resinstalling fixed it.

Still, I can't use safari yet. Not remembering my password to a show stopper for me. I've submitted two bugs already. I didn't bother with the bad install thing yet. Also, not importing my bookmarks from mozilla is a big barrier to entry.

Still, I look forward to the next version.

coming to you from macwold using safari at the apple booth. pretty cool. seems to work nice even if i'm not sold on the brushed metal look. it's my plan to go outside and have a smoke every hour on the half hour (like in about five mins and then every hour thereafter if anybody wants to hook up who is here. great stuff as far as i can see.

Major bug. Unable to log into hotmail on there website!

Ooopsies Apple! I'm sure there are users that want to get into there hotmail account!:rolleyes:

It's a very good browser (for a beta!). And it's allready my main browser.... damm it's fast!!!

loading webpages that include java applets in their content, takes a while as compared to normal webpages

but no problems so far

anyone checked memory usages?! i only have 320mb, so i usually keep an eye on it ... i had 3.88mb free according to TOP ... i had Safari and Chimera running, but with no window open.

I Closed Safari, and that free'd up about 54Mb, closing Chimera only cleared about 12Mb. i guess this is something more to address? Does anyone else have simular issues with regards 2 memory usage on Safari (that sounded weird! LOL)

Neyo

I am using the Safari now.

And I am having problem with Hotmail.com, it gives me a javascript error.

Has anybody had same problem?

So far so good with the Safari.

This is first app. than I like with metal looking interface :)

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
anyone checked memory usages?! i only have 320mb, so i usually keep an eye on it ... i had 3.88mb free according to TOP ... i had Safari and Chimera running, but with no window open.

Mine's using 20.5MB

Back