Folder icons change when dragged to Leopard Dock

Ncouch

Registered
Okay, here is something that is currently driving me nuts.

When I drag the Application, Utilities, or other folder with a Tiger icon on it to the Leopard Dock (right hand side) the folder icon changes to something completely different. I then tried changing the icon to a Leopard folder icon and draqged it to the Leopard Dock with the same results. The Application folder icon, for example, changed to that of the Address Book icon.

I have tried to find where these alternate icon(s) is/are coming from, but I have not yet found it.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA.

Sysinfo:
Powerbook G4 Titanium DVI
512MB RAM
Leopard 10.5

This is a "feature". You are seeing the first item in the folder. I don't know how to change this.

You could add a file with the icon, and name is something like "(space)(space)1"

Okay, here is something that is currently driving me nuts.

When I drag the Application, Utilities, or other folder with a Tiger icon on it to the Leopard Dock (right hand side) the folder icon changes to something completely different. I then tried changing the icon to a Leopard folder icon and draqged it to the Leopard Dock with the same results. The Application folder icon, for example, changed to that of the Address Book icon.

I have tried to find where these alternate icon(s) is/are coming from, but I have not yet found it.

Anyone have any ideas?
I'm getting something similar with Leopard. When I place the Applications folder in the dock, the folder disappears leaving all the programme icons piled on top of each other. It looks a mess. Sure they stack out when you click on the 'bundle', but something isn't right here.

I also find that if you place the Home icon in the dock it changes to an application folder icon. Weird.

At the time that this thread was active, those were not options. They were added in a point release by Apple somewhere along the way.

Still good information, though.

Back