Food 2004: What is your BEEF today?

Hi folks.... me is back after a long time.
So to start things off again:

Dinner23082004.jpg

Aaargh.. not fair, not fair .. I should not see this thread at work. I'm getting hungry .. :)

mmh .. lunch: chocolate, 2 apples, 1 cup of soup of a sachet (some japanese miso). green tea all day (chinese way). morning: cappuccino. dinner: tea and a chocolate bar. 15 - 16 hours at work today, so i will only crash as soon as i will be home. oh, and an exam tomorrow morning :D
pretty typical day menu nowadays .. :(

almost forgot:

Cigarsdessert16092004.jpg

tasted f-a-n-t-a-s-tic!

Attachments

• Cigar's dessert 16092004.jpg
    Cigar's dessert 16092004.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 4
OK, I'll try to get back into this, this was fun. If I have something that's at all photogenic for dinner, I'll post.

Oh, I made some bread yesterday morning, and a rice & black bean dish called Moros y Christianos last night, with brownies for desert - tasty, but it all looked kind of brown and uniform, especially with a glass of dark brown beer beside it...

Gia - dear oh dear, you're going to waste away at that rate. Maybe you should adopt a greengrocer or something.

.. mmh, im trying to eat more when i have time scruffy. but .. yesterday and today i've been jsut really tired, sleeping 10-12 h a day. will be eating stuff today .. :)
i'm a big friend of rice and beans .. :)

cigar i can imagine you have no problem finding girlfriend with all that cooking ... mine (bf) can't even cook rice. :D

Hehe.. funny you are mentioning that. I can cook (reasonable) but mostly to lazy to get into the kitchen and therefore eat out most of the times.
So below a pic of my dinner i had tonight.

Redcurrystew-cigar23092004.jpg

Regarding girlfriends: I 'm still surprised i'm still welliked by the other side despite my older age.(You know... "the wine story"---older a guy gets-)
So the food is not my bonus of beeing liked by the girls.
So i included 2 pic's of my current gf and no she's ain't a model.

Attachments

• Cigar's Kim 10092004.jpg
    Cigar's Kim 10092004.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Cigar's Kim 10092004 II.jpg
    Cigar's Kim 10092004 II.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 16
Myself I'm pretty good in the kitchen.Although I do more cooking in the winter time,something to keep my mind off the season.Shame it makes ingredients more expensive.Here is our brown bread,or oatmeal molasses bread for anyone not familiar with the Maritimes.

Attachments

• IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 7
The ones with the 'black' on it are as the california rolls called: tekkamaki
Contains only rice and tuna.One can have it also with something else in it.
Very simple,basic
Btw:Tonight's dinner:

cigarsdinner26092004.jpg

again at the Japanese restaurant

Attachments

• cigarsdinner II 26092004.jpg
    cigarsdinner II 26092004.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1
mmh! yummy sushi .. :D

meh. there is no sushi place in all city here.. :( I miss Japanese and Mexican food..

Wow, just looking at that sushi made my mouth water.

I wish I'd had my camera at the restaurant last night - I could have posted a whole series. The director of the play my wife is working on took the cast & crew out for dinner. Oysters, champagne, salad, champagne, vegetable curry (with some lovely chutney), did I mention champagne, cheese, port, oooh my! My wife just about had to roll me home.

mmeh, making me hungry again.. :)
had some tomato and salmon quesadillas yesterday. used my last corn tortillas (sob) and the last of the louiana hota sauce.. time to buy food today

Back