Forgot iTunes Backup Password and Restore Failed

whiluup

Registered
Backed up my iPhone XR on a Windows PC and not sure what the initial password is. There is no password prompt when backing up the device each month. Now, I want to restore the deleted photos and itunes asks me to input the password. Tried a bunch of most used ones but no vail. Anyway to get through this?

Did you try your AppleID password already?
If that works, then you won't need to reset your Apple ID (as Cheryl suggested)

An iTunes backup does not ask for your account password just to perform the backup. (because iTunes is already logged in to your account).
But, iTunes WILL ask for Apple ID password to retrieve that backup, just as a verification on that end.

Make sure that you have your correct Apple ID password:
Launch iTunes. Go to the Account menu, and try to View My Account.
That will ask you for your Apple ID account password.
Can you view your account there? If it shows that your account name or password is incorrect, then you will need to reset your account password.
Click on "Forgot Apple ID or Password". That will take you through the steps for an Apple ID password reset. And, then you will be able to restore your photos, or whatever else you need from that backup.

An iTunes backup does not ask for your account password just to perform the backup. (because iTunes is already logged in to your account).
But, iTunes WILL ask for Apple ID password to retrieve that backup, just as a verification on that end.

Make sure that you have your correct Apple ID password:
Launch iTunes. Go to the Account menu, and try to View My Account.

Pretty sure the password is correct. I can use it log in iCloud.

Yes, but your iCloud password, can be different from your Apple ID account password. (Would normally be the same as your Apple ID, but doesn't have to be the same.)

Does your Apple ID password work when you try to view your account in iTunes?
What is the result if that fails? (What kind of message do you get?)

Best step is to go to the Apple support site, and check that your Apple ID password works there.
And, if your Apple ID password fails on the support page, then you can continue on to reset the password there.
(You will need to know your birthdate, and probably the correct answers to two of your security questions)

It seems that resetting password is the only thing you can do,i have seen similar video guide on the Internet, but I am not very clear, you can ask Google.I am sure that Apple ID can be reset.

reset for what? no way to reset the backup password in iTune

That's correct. You can't reset the Apple ID password directly through iTunes. You can reset your Apple ID password (which is the same one that was used automatically by iTunes) by following the steps at the Apple ID support page. I already posted the link to that Apple support page, but here it is, again:

or

Back