Former VP Al Gore on Apple board of directors

I was about to post this, but you beat me to it, ofcourse my subject would have been: "Internet creator joins Apple Board" :)

Brian

Well, I'd rather see Gore on Apple's Board than as President... cause at least Steve is still running the show.

Bearded AL Gore wearing a taught turtle neck and ipod ski jacket while riding a segway. I just puked myself.

l is also an avid Mac user and does his own video editing in Final Cut Pro," said Steve Jobs

An out and out lie. Al used to be a Mac user, but late in the 90's he ditched it for a PC. There was a question posed to him during the 2000 campaign about it, where he him and himmers about it, then finally confesses (and I'm paraphrasing cause I can't find the original article"... "Yeah, I had to finally switch to a PC due to there being no applications for the Mac anymore... But I really like the new xxxxx" (xxx - I can't remember which Mac he praised, either the iMac or the iBook). Typical poltical answer. Translation. "Yeah, I used to use a Mac, but I was pressured in to switching because my campaign manager said it's better to identify with the 95% who use PCs than the 5% who use Macs"...

I don't know how this really affects anything though. Everybody knows Steve Jobs runs the show at Apple. The Board there is usually just a bunch of yes men anyway...

The funny part about the story I read is Steve saying that Gore brings so much to the table, after all he has been part of running the government.

My thoughts are.. "Damn, and what a fine tuned machine the government is."

:rolleyes:

Now all we need is Bill Gates on the board. I am not sure who is worse?

Hmm... Bill Gates or Al Gore...

One makes lots of money, one spends lots of money...

Hmmm..... tough decision.

Please, Apple! Please do NOT let Al do a switcher commercial. Just think about what that would be like. America will be asleep in less than 30 seconds.

Back