Former VP Al Gore on Apple board of directors

From Newsweek.com (now archieved requiring registration and payment to view entire article, if you are interested)...

October 3, 2001
Newsweek_- Living Politics- Gore Loyalists are Relieved That Bush is the Man by Howard Fineman

It's not merely that they want to rally 'round our leader - though they do. It's not that they think their man wasn't up to the job - they think he was. But with almost audible sighs of relief, some top people who worked for Al Gore privately tell me they are glad (relieved might be a better word) that George Bush - not Bill Clinton's veep - is in the White House now.

Another quote..
The Democratic strategists also have realized that Bush has far more political room to maneuver at home than Al Gore would have had. With his reasonably good ties to the conservative, pro-military wing of his party, the president has been able to both talk tough and take his time. Bush can issue threats, and then wait while the world helps us by other means?financial, diplomatic, investigative?to prepare the ground for whatever, presumably surgical, use of force he orders. Gore may not have had the time to execute a waiting game. ?The Republican Right would have been all over us,? said one Gorean

Exact names? No, but Howard Fineman stakes his reputation on the story...

Your link however, still offers no proof of the Haliburton/Cheney/Iraq connection.

From your profile...
I was born, and it was down hill from there._

Indeed!

Your link however, still offers no proof of the Haliburton/Cheney/Iraq connection.

Reading impaired? I didn't offer a link. Cheney has commented on the connection saying that he didn't know it was being done... why didn't he say it didn't happen. There are more than enough references on the internet (that don't require a substription and provide more details than your hidden proof which has no proof).

I leave it to you to find proof. If you can find a hidden reference out on the web, this should be much easier.

From your profile...

chicks, Macs, chicks, Macs, SciFi, chicks, Macs

Family man... Indeed!

Any other personal swipes you'd like to make? Or do you want to stay on topic? Remember my posts have yet to need moderation in this discussion, yours have required it (doesn't say much about you and your arguments if you ask me).

Alright!! BOTH of you, CHILL OUT on the slanders and personal shots. you're both walking a fine line here and i've only let it go this far because you're the only 2 playing the game. But you are not setting good examples for other members - especially younger ones who are quick to pick up on this kind of behavior and mimick it. :(

i think there is alot to be gained from this discussion - as far off from the original topic as it might be. But there is nothing to be gained by questioning each others' intelligence, motives and morals. nothing to be gained by belittling each other.

don't either of you start claiming innocence on this because i can find at least 2 instances on each side of this type of behavior.

this is my ever so friendly reminder. please pay attention to it my friends. ;)

Any other personal swipes you'd like to make? Or do you want to stay on topic?

Regarding the first sentence...Reciting a line from your profile is a personal swipe now? Jeesh. I didn't get all bent out of shape when you cited mine. Nor would I get bent out of shape for being labelled the capitalist pig that I am (I love that phrase!).

And regarding the latter...Stay on topic? Which topic was that? Al Gore joining Apples board? The outrageousness of your statements about GWB? Your antiwar views? Your belief in a collectivist system? Various conspiracy theories? What Micahel Moore eats that keeps him so svelte? Wait - the last topic never came up (at least not yet)...

BTW - you never answered my question re: Ayn Rands Atlas Shrugged or We The Living. Both books are here for you whenever you're ready...Seriously, no joke.

Nighty night...

Don't let the bed bugs bite!

:D

Originally posted by Ed
Alright!! BOTH of you, CHILL OUT on the slanders and personal shots. you're both walking a fine line here and i've only let it go this far because you're the only 2 playing the game. But you are not setting good examples for other members - especially younger ones who are quick to pick up on this kind of behavior and mimick it. :(

Your right, things seemed to of gotten out of hand here. I think I've said my peace and made all my points very clear. And the discussion of the issues seems to have taken a back seat lately to some ungentlemanly like behavior, which was not my intension.

Back