free os x download? imac g3

bobos9

Registered
I'm looking for a free download of OSX for my 9.2.2 Imac g3.
Apple doesn't sell anymore. Can't find it in stores. I'm told I need osX before upgrading any further. Aren't there FREE downloads of somthing so old by now?
Robert mondoux
robert_mondoux@yahoo.com

The only free LEGAL downloads of Mac OS X are the upgrades from 10.0.x to 10.1.5 if you have 10.0.x to 10.1.x purchased version, or 10.2.x to 10.2.8 if you had 10.2 purchased version, or 10.3.. idem, 10.4 idem, 10.5 idem.
Apple sells curretly Mac OS X 10.5 that is too demanding for your hardware. If you have maxxed out the RAM on that hardware, your best bet would be 10.3. For that, the best place would probably be eBay, and the disc will have to be a retail install disc. So black in color, not gray.

Thanks - I think I'm stuck in OS 9 until I buy a newer Mac

Well go for an apple Refurbished with AppleCare (AppleStore Page, scroll to the bottom and click Special Deals, it will be cheaper. Also if you are a student you can go to you local college bookstores and get good deals on Macs.

Wow. Seriously. The next person who violates the board rules in this thread will get instantly banned. CJ: Why is it you know the board rules but choose to ignore them like that?

Back