Free Parallel....?

Dopey

Registered
Does somebody still offer parallel for free...?

I only need it for 1 application and dont feel like spending the 50-90 bucks for it...

Or does somebody got something better....?

cheers guys!

With Parallels Desktop. which doesn't come with Windows, you would still need to purchase Windows to install. There's other choices for a virtual Windows, and one is free! (VirtualBox - http://www.virtualbox.org/ )
And, if you already have a Windows installer, you can simply use your Boot Camp utility to install Windows.
What specific Windows app do you need to use?

Its an CRM app called Alexion and its dutch... And its usefull for multiple reasons... a good free crm solution. Ive just downloaded Virtual box... still got to install windows..

I use VirtualBox every day on my Mac and Linux systems and am quite experienced with setting up different OSs with it -- let us know if you run into any snags along the way and we'll try our best to help out.

Wow! it works better than expected!
I now wonder how i can download a app via Mac and run the setup via Windows.

thanx!

If you want to download a Windows executable on the Mac, then run that executable inside the Windows virtual machine, you'll have to use "Shared Folders."

Simply add a Shared Folder to your virtual machine (sorry, not in front of VirtualBox right now so I don't know exactly where that's located) for any folder on your Mac. then, download the file into that directory. From within the Windows virtual machine, connect to (you can do this by selecting Start > Run) "\\vboxsvr\sharename" where "sharename" is the name of the folder you added.

Shared folders under VirtualBox aren't as elegant as they are under Parallels or Fusion, but they work -- provided you set them up correctly.

Back