G3/333-lost partition on 9GB SCSI hard drive

smogrady

Registered
I have a G3 333 with dual 9 GB Hard drives. I usually have a backup system folder on the second drive to make sure the machine will always boot. Well, I installed Jaguar on the #1 drive and all was well. I went to wake it, and it never woke, (think small spinning thing) so I did what came naturally when OS 9 would freeze, the 3 finger salute, machine re-boots to drive #2 after a Loooong delay, and Drive #1 is gone. It is still physically connected, and System profiler shows the drive, but with ZERo partitions. Drive setup will not even see the drive, Disk Warrior doesn't see it, and Norton will not mount it via volume recovery.

Any ideas???

boot to Jag install CD and run disk utility from the installer menu. If the HD is seen here, try a repair at the first aid tab after selecting the HD. Do you have up-to-date vers of both Disk warrior and Norton? Are you using internal SCSI? or an additional SCSI drive card? Some SCSI cards may need a firmware update to better support sleep (and other possible fixes) Good Luck! :)

Helping also involves making your help understandable in the the language that you choose to use.
I read your post in English, and I can sometimes decide in general the original language by the phrasing, but yours is difficult to determine. What is your original language?

Yes, I got it.
And I am a Chinese.
So, I think, you are an easy-going man.
Can I make friend with you?
And I can learn English from you.

First, I could not understand your post 4. You used some tech terms as buzzwords, with no coherent, or rational idea presented. I don't know what you meant by 'extend partition' - and "lost the partition" is simply repeating what the original post stated, without any additional explanation.
I'm not sure if that will help you learn any English...

So, now I have realized the post you mentioned is not very helpful.
But you should know, this is only the process I want to help others or improve my English.
I am very sure you can help me, right? And can you forget the helpless post?

No offense meant by this, but this is a forum for help with Apple- and Mac-related things. It is not a forum in which to teach the English language.

Kind of like walking into a shoe store and asking for a haircut -- you're probably not going to get much help, because you're looking for the wrong thing in the wrong place. They'll help you with your shoes all day (read: Macs) but they won't ever give you a haircut (read: learning English) no matter how many times you ask.

If you want a haircut, go to a barber shop. Not a shoe store.

Back