G5 with floppy drive?!?!

Someone else has posted this elsewhere here... I actually think it's a good design (yes a rip-off, but a good one). Those wheel's are cool. ;)

Surely Apple will have something to say about it though?

or that french site i've referenced on my site? ;-) doesn't matter. well, i think the design is quite okay. would have to see them in person before buying one, but if you want a pc for testing amidst your macs, why not make it a nice one? ;-)

Is this not a concept computer / dehumidifier?

Yes, the next G5 with a floppy drive and Ferrari to ship all '05 models with a steam engine...

Let's see... it's got solid beige faceplates, a floppy drive, wheels, and no handles. And beige sides. And probably only like 2 or 3 fans. Sounds like the perfect computer. :p

That's not beige, actually, arden. ;-) looks like brushed metal (as it should). It's just brighter than Apple's...

Why wheels? What the hell is that all about?

So they thought: 'well, we clearly can't copy the handles, so what _can_ we do? [snap of fingers] Got it! We'll put it on wheels. Then when people got board with it, they can either gut it and use it as a wall heater or stick a tray on it and use it as hostess trolley .. genious!'

Or something like that...

Actually, the wheels are probably useful in the environment I envision: Five Mac work places and the PC to test some things on. You can push it on wheels to the guy that needs to test some stuff on. ;-)

Apple Computer Inc. the creative engine of the computing world.

They ought to start charging royalties fees for all of the blatant rip-offs...

Not surprising....I just find it funny how every PC person craps on Apple but ends up using cases and other technologies designed or first introduced by Apple. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! :D

Actually, I like the third case on the french site linked from MacBidouille. At least it's not a flat-out copy. The wheels, though nice-looking, could have functioned better if they were actual casters, is it would make the case easier to move around.

fryke said:
Actually, the wheels are probably useful in the environment I envision: Five Mac work places and the PC to test some things on. You can push it on wheels to the guy that needs to test some stuff on. ;-)
I think the plethora of cables and 30-lb. monitor would require an extra rolling board... or maybe a flatbed train car. ;) :D

And yeah, castors would be a big improvement. I mean, how do they turn the thing? Like a skateboard? Do they olley with it, too? :D

I haven't used 'removable media' in a long time.

Floppy drives are a very distant memory, and all though I'm on to my second [or is it my third?] Zip drive, I haven't used it in over 2 years.

I have broadband, that's the way forward -- point-to-point transfer...

Fryke made a good point, at a glance [with head to one side while squinting] it could be mistaken for a G5 .. at a push.

So if you're going to have a Linux box doing a little mail serving, you might as well as have one that's at _least_ a little something like the real thing...

Yep. And also got to add: There ARE way uglier PC enclosures. ;-) I've got two beige ones here at home, I can tell...

Back