geeks vs. computer users

Brian i think your post did more to enlighten me than any so far. i could suddenly relate it to a past experience. back when i used to own an entertainment rag in cols, oh., i used to get backstage passes to lots of concerts. the bigger the names of the acts, the nicer they were. it was the snots on their way up that were often obnoxious, which was probably why most of them were one hit wonders.
everybody (my age) knows where they were when the space shuttle exploded. i was sitting in a motel room with Bo Diddley. We stopped our interview and turned the tube up and watched together. Then we sat and just talked and tried to deal with it together. he just talked to me about life in general. after an hour or more later, we finally finished the interview.
so your comparison of real geeks and wannabe's makes lots of sense. funny how the wannabe's are the ones who would benefit from a little humility the most.

Originally posted by TommyWillB
Would that be the old style multi-colored Apple or one of the new solid ones?

Of the new aquatic ones :p

see here

ok i have bigger resolution pics as well but didnt feel so comfortable putting thoe online .... ;)

well, those just do fall within acceptable standards here i guess. :D

but i am confused. uh, if the tattoo is under your tanline, uh, and you have a tanline, uh how do guys get to stare at it when you're at the beach? :p

Originally posted by Giaguara
Of the new aquatic ones :p

Picture is way to small to tell that it's an aquatic one, hell, with my resolution it's hard to tell it's an Apple (hint hint) :)

Brian

simple. i have to wear thongs :p

well those tanned pics were done just when i had my apple done :p ... i thought even those bikinis were quite essential? now i need to find for the next beach season thongs or strings or how ever you call them to show the apple ;) ... i think i'm flat enough to thongs ...

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

everybody (my age) knows where they were when the space shuttle exploded. i was sitting in a motel room with Bo Diddley. We stopped our interview and turned the tube up and watched together. Then we sat and just talked and tried to deal with it together. he just talked to me about life in general. after an hour or more later, we finally finished the interview.

I remember where I was. I was in 8th grade taking finals. A teacher walked into the room and said in a dazed look, "The Space Shuttle just blew up." We laughed, thinking he was kidding. Unfortunately he wasn't.

Originally posted by btoneill
Picture is way to small to tell that it's an aquatic one, hell, with my resolution it's hard to tell it's an Apple (hint hint) :)

Brian

okay okay ... i can take even bigger versions of that. can you see now an aquatic logo on the picture? :p

[n. cont. just the logo.]

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 20
Originally posted by hazmat
I remember where I was. I was in 8th grade taking finals. A teacher walked into the room and said in a dazed look, "The Space Shuttle just blew up." We laughed, thinking he was kidding. Unfortunately he wasn't.

I was hanging out at a friends house, we had a "winter weather day" which meant, it was like under 10 degree's, so we didn't have school (this was in Atlanta where they are wimps for the cold) and my friends mom came home crying and turned on the TV....

Brian

Originally posted by btoneill
I was hanging out at a friends house, we had a "winter weather day" which meant, it was like under 10 degree's, so we didn't have school (this was in Atlanta where they are wimps for the cold) and my friends mom came home crying and turned on the TV....

Oh, then it must have been midterms. :)

I had the pleasure of seeing the Space Shuttle take off once. It was the second night flight ever. Unbelievable. It lit up the entire sky. I forget which one it was. Maybe the Discovery.

giaguara - looks like that pic was taken while the work was still being done or just finished. but yes i can see the aqua effect. looks nice. that is quite the commitment to apple.

oh yea, thongs. i figured, but your tan lines inferred you were more modest than that. but i can certainly see how you would go out and buy a more appropriate suit to show that off. Am i allowed to say that is very sexy? :)

i must warn you though, that this site will take no responsibility if you are bomabarded with pm's containing marriage proposals. :p

ken - seeing the space shuttle take off live must have been an unforgetable experience as well.

to all - i must say that i think my move to admin along with your great responses to this thread have got me feeling better. i don't have to read the pseudo geeks' constant bickering anymore and i get time to pay attention to more enjoyable communications like this (with real geeks no less :eek: ) :)

well yes the previous bikinis look more modest but they still are of the look of the beginning of the 1970s :p those tanned pics were made on the day or the day after the tattoo was done, true. and now i need to get a new ones for the next sea season...

the week before making that tattoo i was at the sea with the ex ... a journalist who asked - believe me, he was not joking - "Cupertino? who the hell is Cupertino? The coach of Milan (football team) ??" ... call me platform racist if you want but that was too much. so i've been trying to get my resume to this football coach... and avoiding the pc users ;)

[that knowledge level of the .. fruit company is not so amazing here. just that i never waited anyone who seems to be informed about anything and who is seen in the news to be that ignorant.]

... oh yes, i fomatted his computer after that :p

besides no other revenge required.. as i said, he uses windows = gets pissed all the time he uses his computer ... :p

heh, most peecee users get me quite wrong when i put "fsck -y" to my online status in aim ... :p
or when i tell them to fsck -y :rolleyes:

heh, most peecee users get me quite wrong when i put "fsck -y" to my online status in aim ... :p
or when i tell them to fsck -y :rolleyes:

You might want to call these people you're referring to "Windows users". As you know, Linux and other Unix flavors run quite well on PC hardware. ;)

Originally posted by hazmat
As you know, Linux and other Unix flavors run quite well on PC hardware. ;)

Seeing as this is the opinion forum....
Linux doesn't run well on any hardware :)

Brian

well linux still runs better than windows ... it's much more stable.. i installed linux half a year ago and i still didn't have the necessity to format it... :p

well linux still runs better than windows ... it's much more stable.. i installed linux half a year ago and i still didn't have the necessity to format it... :p

I've had Windows 2000 on my PC at home for a few years now. No problems at all. I don't think it has ever even blue-screened. I wish people would give NT variants a little more credit, as a desktop at least. Granted it's not as fun to use as OS X, but it works, and is pretty damn stable. Note that I said as a desktop. :)

Back