geeks vs. computer users

Originally posted by hazmat
Brian, I think your answer for #2 should be the same as #10, at least the part about S&M. ;)

I actually enjoy working with sendmail. Once you actually figure it out, it can be alot of fun.

Brian

Originally posted by Giaguara
.... well.. there are 10 kinds pf people; those who understand geek humor and those who don't :p

Why are you wasting a bit? Shouldn't it be there are 1 kinds of people...

Brian

Okay .. .found the version with the bottle bottom glasses ... :rolleyes: so this was 3 years ago.. :cool:

Attachments

• geeky_l.jpg
    geeky_l.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 16
looks like a disguise from a james bond movie to me. Are you sure you aren't just trying to infiltrate the geeks and learn all their secrets? :p

err?? i said i took the picture three years ago!!! i was at university and deadly bored ... there were no secrets to discover left! hey, i'm a geek so i'm not trying to infiltrate.. but of course i want to learn everyhitng i don't know yet... :p ...

uhm.. i did like those glasses... but after weargin glasses since i was a kid i now really enjoy NOT wearing them anymore... so i guess i look less geeky now? :p

i don't know, other than the expression on your face, you looked like a cute kid. that frown looks like you were staring at a wintel. :p

Oh. I'm a Geek. Capital 'G'. For starters I have my on vintage VAX 6320 mainframe in my 'computer room'. I named her Mother after the computer in Alien. Another Geek thing to do. Then there are my twin VAX 4300's Thelma & Louise. The MicroVAX II, and the desktop MicroVAX3100. I've always waved the DIGITAL EQUIPMENT / VAX flag. I never cared for anything that didn't weigh at least 200 pounds. Apples were originally not my system of choice. But alas I am double biased now. Since Compaq bought DEC and HP bought Compaq I won't buy anything off ebay without a genuine Digital logo on it. I've owned 3 macs including my current iBook. I go everywhere with it. Since I can't have VMS on the iBook I can have the next best thing - unix! Now I wave the Apple flag and the Digital flag. (There is a cult of VAX Geeks out there just like the Mac ones). God bless Apple for being the modern-day DEC: They make their OWN hardware, their OWN OS/software to run the hardware, everything is way ahead of the rest of the world, works forever, compatible with everything, and they march to their OWN drum - dot someone elses. Just like DEC did. So piss on Microsoft and the Dells. Long live VAX/VMS and Mac/OS X.

... when you after having seen 200000 cars on the road with the fish bumper sticker want to get a freebsd bumper sticker ... :p

Back