geeks vs. computer users

Same reason I want a 'Book, and the moment I get one I get Wireless Networking too. So I can join my neighbor on the outside walkway - he with his books, me with an iBook. :D

Originally posted by BuddahBobb
you guys are losers, im gonna go play with my star wars dolls now ;)

You play with yours???
Dang... I can't even bring myself to take them out of the package! :p

Geek test:
Give yourself 1 point for each question you to which you answer yes.

1. Do you know who made the VAX1147?
2. Have you successfully installed any Debian distro?
3. Have you ever modified a device driver?
4. Do you know what a break-out box is?

Please refer the block of code below for questions 5 - 8.
5. Do you know what language this is?
6. Do you know what it does?
7. Do you know what target platform this is written for?
8. Do you see the syntax error in this block of code?

Code for questions 5 - 8.
void main ()
{
PrevAbortHandler = signal (SiGABRT, & AbortHandler);
if (PrevAbortHandler == SIG__ERR)
printf (“Could not set SIGABRT \n”);
else
{
str = (char* malloc(10);
}
}

void AbortHandler (int sig)
{
printf (“\nHandled SIGABRT\n” sig);
free (str);
}

9. Are you running Apache?
10. Have you configured Sendmail?

I am not sure but I think it would go something like this:
1-3 : Advanced user
4-6 : Beginning to Geek
6-8 : Geeking!
9-10: Bored by this.

Damnit Jim, I'm a Geek - not a Programmer! :p

I've installing Linux Distros, I've installed, used and configured Apache, and Sendmail... just about everything BUT do any real programing (besides basich BASH). :p :rolleyes:

Other than that, bored too! :D

Shouldn't a geek test include whether or not you're wearing glasses and their thickness as well as other clothes-tests? :p

fryke i had bottle bottom-glasses till i had my eyes operated! if i find the glasses i'll take some pix with those this week :p :)

....AAAND my wardrobe is about as "kewl" as Steve's .. apart from jaguar underwear and apple parfum.. well? i hope i can find a fake fur jaguar wintercoat... :p

hey, i've at least got glasses!! :D

ok, so they're not thick ones (yet), but i can't read the screen very well without them. can i take a 1 on the test now? :p

Geek test:
Give yourself 1 point for each question you to which you answer yes.

1. DEC
2. Why would anyone install such a crappy OS such as linux is beyond me, if you're into S&M I guess, but in that case, you should check out Ed's computers.
3. Ofcourse
4. Are those them things in Arknoid? :)
5. C
6. What it does is fail to compile :) But I think what you really want is, it causes the program to call the funcation AbortHandler when a SIGABRT is sent to the process. The AbortHandler function is supposed to free up the memory allocated to the variable "str"
7. I would assume you mean unix
8. To many to mention, but I assume you mean this: 'str = (char* malloc(10);' with the missing ')', or did you mean SIG__ERR having two '_'s in it, or the lack of any include files which are desperately needed to define the variables you have, or the lack of any global defines of variables since you don't define them locally in any sub. It's also handy to include funtion prototypes.
9. Ofcourse
10. Using m4 or hacking at the config file? :) The real question is, can you actually understand what all the rules do in the cf file :)

For tormente, the code above but in bash (functionally atleast)
Code:
#!/bin/bash

trap "str=; echo 'Caught signal SIGABRT';" SIGABRT

if [ $? != 0 ]; then
        echo Could not set SIGABRT
fi

str="yaywheefun"

Brian

... or do you ever wonder how you can recognise if the people that are talking to you in the same room (offline) are smiling because you can't recognise smilies offline (=while people are talking)? :p

... well.. there are 10 kinds pf people; those who understand geek humor and those who don't :p

Back