geeks vs. computer users

Hmm, that test is wacked. I had 6 pictures of pigs, put in pigs, and was told the answer was automobiles. I got pictures of elephants, and they told me it was flags. Stupid programmers.....

Brian

Funniest thing is that I did it again after the pig one and it was a bunch of babies. Not looking, I put "babies". After submitting the thing, it said I was wrong and I realized that "pig" was still there, so I typed "pigbabies". Hehe.

Today, in a book store.

A mobile phone discussion (i was calling):

Friend: "hello"
Me: "hi... is freebsd for x86s or ppc??"
f: "w00t?"
me: "i'm in a book store and i see a linux magazine that has freebsd as gift... but it's not written whether they run on x86 or ppc"
f: "it's for intels"
(pause)
f: ".. the kernel is practically ugual to darwin."
me: " :p :p :p :p (drawling..) "

yes. i can enter to a clothes store and not like anything ... but i have bad time resisting when i see linuxes.. some time ago i bought mandrake, ... now wonder if freebsd is :p kewler than redhat..

Than Red Hat? Almost anything is cooler. ;) Than Debian? Not sure. :) Also remember you can get Darwin for x86. There's also OpenBSD which runs on both x86 ans PPC as well as other platforms.

ok mandrake is _NOT: cooler than RH. i didnt like so i put redhat back the same day i tried with mandrake. mandrake was ugly and had less things than redhat. debian?? i am too lazy to install that.. i wanted darwin for the 86 but i have not found ANYTHING if it'd run on the pc i have, so .. do i have to try ALL the linuxes?? :p vine could be interesting...

Lets put a stop to this whole linux thing. Linux sucks, pure and simple. It's an evil evil evil OS. OpenBSD, well, I won't even go into my issues with Theo and his pet project, I have issues with anyone who is so hard to work with he leaves the NetBSD group, and basically does a find/replace in the NetBSD code to change it to OpenBSD, then installs his patches the NetBSD folks wouldn't do for various reasons. Plus there is the ever going flip flop of OpenBSD is only for intel, then it will support solaris, then not, then again, then not. Come on guys, make up your mind.

FreeBSD just rocks. It's a great development team that actually listens to the users. It doesn't have all the support linux has, but if you stay with brand name recent hardware you're fine.

As for all the linux's, I don't think you'll ever have them all, there are literally 100's of linux distributions, each one as messed up as the others.

And, if you want to know why linux sucks, they have to reinvent everything. You have software under the BSD license that is free, has been tested, tweaked, worked on for 15 years, but, it's not "Free Enough" for the linux folks, so they rewrite the code from scratch (changing a few arguments to piss off everyone else in the world) so that it can be under the GPL, because the BSD opensource license isn't free enough. Not to mention that fact that bash is not sh. /bin/sh should never be bash. Folks writing software that expects /bin/sh to be bash should be shot on sight.

Ok, I'm done for now :)

Brian

Brian

okay .. okay brian calm down :eek:

i am thinking to get rid of the peecee so i will be happy with Fink or anything *X after that --- ;) :p

Originally posted by Giaguara

i am thinking to get rid of the peecee so i will be happy with Fink or anything *X after that --- ;) :p

You really don't need Fink, you know. Plenty of things build cleanly under Darwin without it. vim and ncftp are two.

Originally posted by Giaguara
okay .. okay brian calm down :eek:

Hey! I am calm, this is the opinion forum tho :) Ofcourse, as they say, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. But they are wrong, atleast for me, I have alot of opinions, but only one of the other :)

Brian

"In the beginning God created the World.. and then Adam and Eve. Everything was good and unix and he said they could do anything they wanted except touch the source of Knowledge...

So Adam and Eve lived happily... untill Eve found God's forbidden fruit.. ehm, Apple.. his Powerbook .. She saw it, logged in and saw how heavenly it was as a computer... "Omg, and for us he left just unix.. !!" she went to search Adam and showed the powerbook also for him "and we have to use unix .. not fair.."

God saw that his powerbook had been touched and found the guilty ones. And as the punishment, he invented the Windows..."

:p

Back