glib libraries

cmactrix

Registered
I'm currently working on a development and I want to be able to use my MacBook Pro. I need to use <glib.h> etc in my development.
This may seem a dumb question but where can I get a copy for my box? or am I just insane and cannot find it on there.

(I've already installed the x-code stuff which has like make, g++ and stuff on there)...

DarwinPorts or Fink may help -- a simple search on versiontracker.com should point you in the right direction for those programs.

They're useful for getting and compiling different pieces of code and installing libraries -- since you're on a new Intel-based machine, though, you may be relegated to compiling from source (which Fink allows you to do), since not many packages have been compiled for the Intel machines yet.

I would venture, unless you're speaking from experience ElDiablo (notwithstanding that you are always very well-informed) that no Fink packages have been compiled for Intel.

For example:
krishna:/Users/msanford root# fink list | grep mysql
libdbi-drivers-mysql 0.7.1-1 MySQL driver for libdbi
mysql 4.1.10-1 Open Source SQL database

As MySQL's still at version 4.1...

Yeah, I don't think any packages have been compiled for Fink, but I want to say I heard something about DarwinPorts having a select few Intel binaries...

Something that didn't occur to me also, was that perhaps Fink and DarwinPorts themselves may need to be Universal Binaries in order to work on an Intel machine... I dunno...

Just offering what I've picked up and heard elsewhere -- don't have an Intel machine to test with yet... :(

ok I've found and downloaded a copy of ink for intel
it took quite a while to compile everything.
Now when i do /configure it runs that alright, but when i run make it doesn't know where to find glib.h
do i have to update PATH or something?

Try "locate glib.h". If you have an up-to-date locatedb it should tell you where it is, or, if you don't have it.

Where are you getting Fink for Intel Core (please post a link)?

the intel ones i got from here
that was a link from here

i tried locate glib.h... nope. I recently found pkg-config from fink, so im slowly building up libraries...

Back