Go Apple Go Apple !!!!!

uoba

Re: member
New Apple product to upstage XP

Apple is planning to unveil, 'a breakthrough digital device,' two days before Microsoft launches Windows XP, according to invitations sent out to journalists.

'Hint: it's not a Mac,' says the invitation, according to a report, confirmed by MacUser sources, on CNET. The report suggests that the announcement may be for some kind of, 'digital music device.'

--so say www.macuser.co.uk
:D

This is great, and on my Birthday as well!! (23rd -- don't forget everyone!):rolleyes:

It's certainly going to be something that has been rumoured about for a while. Maybe a PDA, but an MP3 palyer or other Audio device would be probably more of a suprise.

Yet, an MP3 player which would be compatible with all Operating Systems would sell like hotcakes I reckon -- every consumer in the world would go for an Apple designed MP3 player!;)

(plus, did I mention it'll be my birthday -- maybe I'll get one of whatever it is (it better not be a kitchen utensil!:mad: )

An apple branded mp3 player would definatly rock. Although it would be cool if it was cd based, so i could just burn a cd full of mp3s and play them, not having to worry about the size of my memory cards.

I hope its not a PDA because I just ordered a brand spanking new iPaq :p

(its a preorder so I guess I can cancel :p)

Just incase!!!

We would want you to be upset or envious!!:p

...'cause it'll be my birthday, I am of course expecting whatever it is!... did I mention that?

lol I just posted the order today :p

Anyway... I wont be envious -- If it is an audio player I will be laughing my head off :p While I think its interesting I think an OS X based PDA would be better, the rosetta HWR engine, cool graphics and PIM functions, wireless abilities...mmmm...droooollll ;)

Well, Steve Jobs said about the PDA market at the last Macworld Expo, "I don't think that's a fun market to be in right now." The market hasn't exactly changed, either. So if it were something to do with PDAs, I'd be inclined to think that it had to do with really tight integration with MacOS X.I and the Palm OS; some Mac-specific features with Palms and MacOS X; or maybe they've licensed some of the technology from the Newton (finally). Those'd be my guesses. Granted, Steve has admitted to trying to buy both Palm and Handspring at one time, so you never really know.

An Apple MP3 player is possible, but it seems like it'd hurt the relationship between Creative and Apple that's been forming this past year or two.

Does anyone else think that it's really suspicious that Apple's released updates to their iBooks, TiBooks, and now we've got this...all while Katie and Jack are on a honeymoon away from As the Apple Turns? I say this is highly suspect.

Originally posted by Red Phoenix
Does anyone else think that it's really suspicious that Apple's released updates to their iBooks, TiBooks, and now we've got this...all while Katie and Jack are on a honeymoon away from As the Apple Turns? I say this is highly suspect.

OBVIOUSLY the reason is to give them a break from all the Mac hype! ;)

As we know from the VEVO poll, many people think (although it's not the most popular) that the broadcasting will "become even more half-assed." :D

Not trashing AtAT -- they're hilarious. I just think they need some time off from all those Evian water jokes. ;)

I hope it's not an Mp3 player, and i think Jobs what right to say the PDA market is no place to be.

The reason I don't think that an Mp3 player is a good idea is because of the obvious problems... Let's face it, who still burns Mp3's legally? ;)

I would hope it's a car stereo. one that plays Mp3's :p

Seriously, I would hope for possible things like... oh... external CD-burners, scanners, all things peripheral...

Thoughts?

Originally posted by twyg
I would hope it's a car stereo. one that plays Mp3's :p

Way to cool. But remember its something way cool. Cooler than an MP3 player i'd think. Unless its an MP3 player tha also makes dohnuts. Mmmm dohnuts.

twister

I can hear it already:

It's not a Mac: "D'oh!"

It's not an Apple-branded PDA: "Nuts!"

"Mmmmm.... donuts......"

mmmm open faced club sandwiiiich :p

Palm with Rosetta eh ?? a step in the right direction... not a newton yet, but getting there ;)

OMG OMG MAYBE THIS IS THE REINCARNATION OF THE CUBE!!!

Remember??? It was hinted at when Apple announced the Cube's demise, and Apple ordered stores to keep the Cube banners! REMEMBER?

OMG here it is!!!! ;)

(I don't care if it's only been a couple months... I'm convinced it's the reincarnation of the cube, and don't say ANYTHING to contradict me.
*** simX pats his cube on the heat vent.)

(P.S. That would be really ironic if it WAS the reincarnation of the cube as a digital hub device. :p)

I am thinking streaming MP3 player for your stereo - ties into MP3 without disrupting it's MP3 player partners. (The people that made iTunes take off) SonicBlue, Creative.

Maybe the PDA. That would bw the other good solution.

B

It can't be the Cube, Apple said it won't be a mac.

I wouldn't mind an mp3 player which has a firewire port and tons of storage, or perhaps just an mp3 player which had a firewire port and would mount any firewire device to play mp3s from |-)

A DV camcorder-like device seems more likely however. Record audio, video, possibly snapshots.

Originally posted by strobe
It can't be the Cube, Apple said it won't be a mac.

I hope you said that sarcastically, strobe, because my whole post was sarcastic.

Anyway, it's a digital music device, as Apple has already stated in their invitation to the press to come to the event. www.cnet.com and www.maccentral.com have both said this.

Back