Has my MacPro got wifi built in?

Zimbop

Registered
Hello

I have a Mac Pro (Early 2008) Model IDMA970LL and I'd like to know if it has wifi built in. Sounds stupid I'm sure but I'm just not sure how to tell.

I'm using MacOS 10.7.3 and if i start the airport utility it doesn't say anything other than I've already got an ethernet connection to the internet (which I'm considering converting to wireless if available). There's no "You don't have a wireless adapter" message or anything, it looks for base stations?

So How can I tell if I have Wifi built into this macpro?

Wifi is optional on the MacPro before the 2010 models, when Wi-fi was included as standard. You should have a Bluetooth card, but not necessarily Wi-Fi.
Check if you have a Wifi card installed:
Go to your Apple Menu, and select About This Mac.
Click on the More Info button (which will open your System Information), and click on System Report.
Click on the Network tab, and finally, click on Wi-Fi
If it says "No Information found" or "This computer doesn't contain any Wi-Fi devices", or something similar, then you don't have Wi-Fi hardware installed.

If you do have a Wi-Fi card, that tab will show you lots of information about your card.

Wifi is optional on the MacPro before the 2010 models, when Wi-fi was included as standard. You should have a Bluetooth card, but not necessarily Wi-Fi.
Check if you have a Wifi card installed:
Go to your Apple Menu, and select About This Mac.
Click on the More Info button (which will open your System Information), and click on System Report.
Click on the Network tab, and finally, click on Wi-Fi
If it says "No Information found" or "This computer doesn't contain any Wi-Fi devices", or something similar, then you don't have Wi-Fi hardware installed.

If you do have a Wi-Fi card, that tab will show you lots of information about your card.

another prime example of apple being way behind times wifi not standard til 2010? Wifi was standard in most computers starting with Windows XP pretty much all computers had Bluetooh by Vista and im sure moslty every computer will have USB 3.0 by the time Windows 8 is released

Back