Hello everyone!

We should go to the driving range again this week Rick. We need it! And I will only get a small bag of golf balls. But you know what? we will not win this year. Chapman and his a-hole friends will cheat their asses off. We saw them... they sucked BAD. but i heard their names today. They cheated, I know it.

Baseball... thats funny. I havent been to that page in a while... actually I have not looked at the page but once since the whole thing started. But if I win, ha! I guess I better start paying attention.

Golf: yes, to the driving range we shall go. Who says we cant cheat? I know its unfair, but we have to fight fire with fire!

Golf has never injured me. Im invincible... but not from my mommies groundings. Even though she has not said it yet, I will not have permission to drive my car for another 9 weeks. Grrrrrr. One flipping "C". crap crap crap crap crap.....

bummer rick. not having car priveliges is the worst!! Your parents are even more strict about grades than mine were. i pretty much always had a B average in high school because i got enough A's to even the C's out. Staying focused on everything was always tough for me at that age.

so Jerry, are you going to start driving rick around?

well, if you look at all the posting i have done tonight, you can see what 2 days with no physical labor has done. i feel much more mentally alert and outgoing. i think i need to work at finding a good balance between my activities.

ok, i did have some labor today. My GF's son and i ripped out a set of kitchen cabinets. but he did most of the really heavy lifting and hard work. He goes to the gym regularly and is much stronger than i am. Luckily we are friends now. He didn't like me very much when he was in high school. if he had been that strong then, i probably would have got my ass whooped as he was prone to outburts and violence against furniture.:p

Originally posted by Lessthanmighty
-you only have one more day until they leave for Virginia Beach.

--Got it? Good! We will win, even if we have to out cheat the cheaters!

- I do not want her to go. On wednesday, I am going home with her... so I can be with her all day. awwwww :)

-- I do not have a problem with cheating them. But all I really care about is getting a discount on golf.

First of all... dont make me puke. Second... You need some anit-Kaylee time. Its not good for you to see her everyday. I am soo wise!

I dont know how to feel about this cheating thing. If we get caught, we're f**ked. We could warn Mr. Q about them, how bout that? Then we could still win fairly. Nah, that wont work. Screw it, I beleive Im going to hit "even" on Friday.;)

Why would you feel bad? we took a few strokes off of our scores last year! If we tell quig dawg that... we will seem like A-holes. maybe they are not cheating. If you hit even tomarrow... I will give you my VW.

First of all, notice, you said MY VW. I see you are quickly accepting the fact that you now have your own car. Which will be a big plus for you.
Sadly now, I wont be needed anymore. Which will suck nuts, for me anyway.

I can drive again! Just as long as I look for a job everyday... and then eventually get one. Whatever... I know I wont get one anytime soon. I have like 15+ applications in, and not one has called me back. That kinda pisses me off!

Anyways... driving range tommarow! I have to work on my swing. Plus I have a scab where my blister was... so now it wont hurt.

It would be funny... if I turned in one application, and got the job :) But i doubt that will happen. I think I am screwed again this summer.

so Jerry, what kind of VW do you have? nice first car no matter which model. good gas mileage and readily available parts.

so now you guys can take turns driving. That is the best deal of all.

as for finding jobs - one word of advice - do not just put in an app and sit back and wait for the phone to ring. Call them back and see how things are going with your app. Employers are more interested in people who show that they really want the job than those who are just going thru the motions of putting in apps. trust me on this one. If you really want a particular job, get a bit aggressive. It is better to bug them a little bit than to let them forget about you. It is one of the tricks to make yourself stand out from the pack.

as for the whole 'time spent with girlfriend thing', i tend to agree with Rick on this one. Spending too much time with anyone will eventually wear out a relationship. It is also best not to be seen as needy. What starts out as a communication of desire and appreciation of the other person eventually becomes either smothering or controlling of them. It is better to be the one who is pursued than the one who pursues. I learned this one the hard way. also jealousy is often seen as insecurity and/or lack of trust. These are also not good in a healthy relationship. Believe me, if a relationship really works, it doesn't need rules. No one ever really leaves because of someone else taking them away unless you are someone they want to get away from in the first place. I know i have never stayed long with someone who tried to tell me what i could or could not wear. It is important to let people make their own choices. Attempts to controll always end up leading to total lack of control in the end.

I figure this is one of those things you will ignore for now. but maybe it will stick in the back of your head for future use.;)

Go Ed!

Even Kaylee was nice enough to show up in the usual spot today. She said good-bye and wished me a good week/weekend... unlike some people I know, who dont even bother to show their face at all.;) I mean for godsakes... even Mo was there!

Alternating driving would be a good idea. There is one minor problem that will arise from that. I have no money, and no job yet. And I am the one who has to put gas in my Automoblie, Jerry does not. So until I get a job, I need to get a lift from Jerry. Sorry buddy.

Go me! Im right! Finally someone agrees with me! YEAH!

N-E-ways, I have to go call back some employers. Thanks to Ed's advise... and the death grip my mom has on my balls until I get a job... I will be very, very busy with this job thing.

-Go Ed!

--Even Kaylee was nice enough to show up in the usual spot today. She said good-bye and wished me a good week/weekend... unlike some people I know, who dont even bother to show their face at all.

---Go me! Im right! Finally someone agrees with me! YEAH!

-You just say Go Ed because he is going against me.

-- Even kaylee was nice enough... I actually went to your locker that day to say goodbye... so F U

--- Just because Ed agrees with you does not mean you are right. Ed is not God... maybe he is wrong too.

Dont insult Ed! I have never seen him be WRONG before. Maybe you are wrong... and just too stubborn to give in to the rightness!

Driving Range! Small sack of balls today... the big one take to long to smack around. Are you still talking about golf... Jerry?

Kaylee gave me a high five. She is waaaaayyyyyy cooler than her significant other... if you know wh I mean.;)

Kaylee gave me a high five. She is waaaaayyyyyy cooler than her significant other... if you know wh I mean.;)

yes she is... she is too good for me. but we have gone through this too many times.

you're right Jerry, I could be wrong. i do not have some sort of mononpoly on truth. but this isn't about what is right or wrong or about being for or against you. it's about what will get you what you really want and need in the long run. which i am assuming is to love and to be loved in a healthy relationship. I only know as much about this as i do after having screwed up more times than i care to tell about.

But being young is about screwing up and learning from your mistakes so perhaps you should do that. lessons are better learned that way i believe. I am just offerring an alternative way to view things when you reach the point you think maybe things could be different. and i think you could interpret Rick's and mine's disagreement with you as being more for you than against you since i think we both would just like to see things go well for you:)

it's a beautiful day here. i hear you guys have had really hot weather the last few days. I shudder to think what august is going to be like in oHIo if it is so hot now:D

It is pretty freakin hot up here in Ohio. Its like 80+ degrees up in here. Im not that sure though... I havent looked at thermometer recently.

Anywho... our females are away on a three day trip. So we have to find some other means of entertainment. Like golf. Ok... end of girl discussion! :D

I turned in 4 more job applications yesterday. Two for computer game stores, one for a driving range, and the last a HHGreg. Lets see if I get any bites this time. I still need tto call those other places, but im geting there.

I love being in the computer lab. Posting crap and not doing assignments. Yeah! Here comes the teacher... better blow this popcicle stand!:D

Yeah.... it is way too hot in Ohio. My psoriasis (spelling) is killing me! Golf.... i think it is going to rain AGAIN !

he he

your great aunt may be senile, but i'll bet she can spell it:p

rick, i love your new avatar. you have to realize i am old enough to have played pong when it was new. I was part of the first generation of computer gamers:D :rolleyes:

i have noticed all your worries about asking this girl out rick and i am just going to give you my little word of advice on the subject. I disagree with the just do it approach with a girl you are in regular proximity to. The thing to do is establish a friendship of sorts first. not too deep of a friendship, but enough that you know she enjoys talking to you and smiles when you smile, laughs at your bad jokes, etc. - in other words, don't go from being the guy who stares at her to asking her out. Once you are friendly with her, then ask her out. and asking her to do anything counts as asking her out. it isn't what you do, it is whether she wants to do it with you. in fact, it is better to start with less exciting things and then do the real fun (and expensive) stuff. The real test will be if she wants to keep doing things with you, if she starts wanting to talk to you on the phone or with IM's, and if she lets you kiss her when you walk her to the door at the end of a date. Then you can figure that a relationship could start.

now if this were a girl you just met and were afraid you might never see again, go for it right away as you would have nothing to lose. But i think the jest of what Jerry and others is right, you need to engage her, you can't just sit back and fantasize about her. I did that with a girl in high school and then when i got to college i found out she had fantasized about me too. of course, then it was too late. she was mad because i never did anything about it.

Jerry - i hate to say it, but i liked your old avatar better. keep trying, i know you will come up with something great.

sounds like things are going good rick. sounds like a good time to let things develop naturally and not push on the girlfriend/boyfriend aspect. Start seeing each other and if it works you will end up being in an official relationship before you even know about it.:p

so if you are up to the stage where she likes it if you bring her a rose and is going to Cedar Point, you are doing good.

looks like you might prevail!!;)

speaking of Cedar Point, some friends of my GF are planning their summer vacation to leave SF and drive to CP as their final destination. They are convinced it must be one of the best amusement parks ever. I will admit it is a good one, but i can't see driving all the way to oHIo just to ride the rides at CP:p

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
Jerry - i hate to say it, but i liked your old avatar better. keep trying, i know you will come up with something great.

Why do you like the old one better? The new one has the same stuff, with animation.

Back