HELP! XP Drivers for MacBook 13-inch

lawand

Registered
i have MacBook 13-inch and installed Windows XP
but i need drivers can someone help me to download drivers ???

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

waiting for some help and your answer ... :)

You can install the drivers from the Mac OS X Leopard Install CD/DVD.

If you used Tiger to install BootCamp, then you must have gone through the "Create driver CD" process... use the CD you made to install the drivers.

Boot Camp does not create a driver CD since it was released with Leopard.
So, the Leopard install DVD is the location. In this case, the best disk is disk #1 of the set that shipped with a new MacBook.

lawand - Boot to your Windows partition, then insert your installer DVD - the one that came with your MacBook. The Windows driver setup should autorun, so just click through to finish the install.

the problem: i lost this CD that came with my MacBook
so there is no way only orignal CD by Apple ?
my brother have same MacBook but the drivers CD not working for me
i know im in big trouble

To be honest its never a good idea to work without an install DVD - I would strongly advise you go buy a retail copy of Leopard from your local store - then you will have the drivers and the ability to fix your machine if it goes wrong.

Here I go with the metaphors, fryke! ;)

i lost this CD that came with my MacBook
If you lost the keys to your car, I'd be willing to bet you'd be a bit more frantic in finding them... it's the same issue with your computer. By not keeping the original install/restore CD/DVD around, you've effectively "locked" yourself out of doing certain things (and in certain circumstances, you can completely "lock" yourself out of your computer unless you have the install/restore CD/DVD).

Always keep a set of installation CDs/DVDs around. Treat them with the same oversight and carefulness that you treat your car keys, because they are, in essence, the "keys" to your computer, and you will encounter a situation where you cannot do something without them (like this very situation).

i have MacBook 13-inch and installed Windows XP
but i need drivers can someone help me to download drivers ???

and i dont have the orignal cds of macbook because iam living in pakistan
and i cant find its cds
so please help me

Here I go with the metaphors, fryke! ;)

If you lost the keys to your car, I'd be willing to bet you'd be a bit more frantic in finding them... it's the same issue with your computer. By not keeping the original install/restore CD/DVD around, you've effectively "locked" yourself out of doing certain things (and in certain circumstances, you can completely "lock" yourself out of your computer unless you have the install/restore CD/DVD).

Always keep a set of installation CDs/DVDs around. Treat them with the same oversight and carefulness that you treat your car keys, because they are, in essence, the "keys" to your computer, and you will encounter a situation where you cannot do something without them (like this very situation).
and i dont have the orignal cds of macbook because iam living in pakistan
and i cant find its cds
so please help me

Last edited by a moderator:
Back