Herve's Bar & Grill

yea, you get this stuff started and you just can't get it out of your head - cosmic debris has been floating around my head all day.

ok, cosmic debris floats around my head most days, but i meant the song today. :D

yea, dead milkmen are almost as good as zappa :)

Trying to change the subject :D

Well, guys - congratulate me! ;) :D

I was just informed earlier (thursday) that I won't be returning to work after my sick leave is done, I'm actually going to go pick up my "stuff" (what stuff?) and computer on Friday and have a goodbye "party". Funny, I get canned and we party! :D
Just to give you an idea why you shouldn't be sorry for me lossing my day-job! heh :)

Well, this made it a heck of a lot easier too since, as you can imagine - I wanted to leave in the first place! And I'm still on disability and have a side-business so even though money is very tight, I'll survive. :)

Now, to polish up my Resume or shake up some more business. :)

well, if you say congratulations are in order, then CONGRATULATIONS!! i suppose this way you can add 6 mos of workman's comp when you get off disability :D

as for changing the subject, you gotta know....

"The torture never stops
The torture never stops
The torture
The torture
The torture never stops

Oooow ooow ooow
Aaarch
Aaaah Aaaah
Ahuh Owwww
Ohhh
Mwrohhh, aarch
Oh, oh, aah . . .
Huh, ahhu, hmmmm... "

:p

Originally posted by JohnnyV

I've been singing Bitchin Camaro All day :D (dead milkmen, not zappa :p)

Dead Milkmen are great. :)

I listened to XTC on the way to work this morning. Wasp Star. Love this album.

iPod + Etymotic ER-4P = heaven

So it's still up in the air if the MTA (Metro Transit Authority) will strike starting Sunday night. That would mean that the NYC Subway stops. Businesses are coming up with all sorts of plans to get their people to work. I got permission to work from home. VPN. :D So in a totally selfish manner, I hope the strike goes through. But I don't think it will. The union would go bankrupt in no time. It's illegal for them to strike, and would be fines $25,000 per day per worker. :eek:

Mayor Bloomberg is cracking his 'ol wip. He's threatening the Transport Workers Union with a 1 mil a day fine that doubles for every day the strike goes on. *eyes pop out of head* But you know all of this is just posturing and negotiating tactics. How would the city function with a bankrupt MTA? And the city's in a financial crisis too. What a mess.

I read in yesterdays paper (yep I still like paper) Bloomberg just signed legislation for a smoking ban in ALL restaurants, bowling alleys, and BARS.
I personally never thought is was going to happen. But sure enough.

Well I think it would be the TWU that would go bankrupt, not the MTA, right?

As far as the smoking ban, I don't know what to think about it. I used to smoke, but haven't since 1995. And while I absolutely hate leaving a bar reeking of smoke, I will totally defend smokers' rights to smoke in a bar. It's a BAR!!! But there will be loopholes, like the owner-operated bar thing. The no-smoking law in bars was passed in Salem, MA, just after I moved back to NY. I remember hearing that some of the bars said they would eat the cost if they got fines for people smoking because it was worth more having the smokers who would otherwise go elsewhere. I'm really interested to see how this all works out. I think it's March or April it goes into effect.

Hi Addy. Glad you got the message. ;)

You're absolutely right. I'll often lump the 2 together when I shouldn't. Perhaps if he levies fines, this will serve to break up the TWU. It's an interesting circumstance, unfortunately with possible dire effects.

Yes, this is what I've read as well. A 3-4 month period before it goes into affect. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, I agree. In general, I'm not so upset about it. I've noticed in the last few years, people smoking in bars are a very small minority. It's not as socially acceptable as it once was.

Man this semester hit me like a ton of bricks lol ;) I had a lot of demanding work in terms of classwork, and a lot of hard work in terms of my job. This meant that I had to be on campus 13 hours a day (10 on saturdays) in order to get things done. To complicate things even more my mind was preoccupied with this girl that kept popping in my thoughts hehehehe :)

At least the semester is almost over now, and I am having my last final on monday. I need to study hard for this final in order to pass the class :p

I have one more semester left until I graduate so all is going well in my life at the moment :D

Hopefully I will be able to spend more time on the forums once things settle down. Next semester looks OK, and the "girl" issues were sort of settled so even though she is still on my mind it takes she takes up the same amount of hard drive space she now takes less processor time (less headaches --- women --- cant live with em, cant live without em hehehehe).

At the moment I am thinking of getting a sonyericsson p800 pda phone and doing some minor development and playing around with programming and software dev since the great majority of my classes have been theory lately :)

Admiral

No one has posted here in FOUR days!?!?!?!?!

*Myst clears the cobwebs off the bar.

What's the matter with you people..tis the season to get faced and Ho Ho Ho and all that ....stuff.

I MUST keep my shopping sprees shorter next time.
Of course, you didn't think I'd just buy ONE pair of shoes, did you?
I can spend $1100 faster than you can say "Christmas Bonus". :D

The clothes were a big hit at the dealership Christmas Party, now tonight I get to bundle up like the Michelin Man and go out and deliver candy for the Fire Department. It's a balmy 25 degrees, so we'll be frozen stiff when we return tonight. It's all worth it.

The drinks are on the house for Happy Hour all day, so ....GET HAPPY and buy Admiral something Greek to drink. ;)

Can I get a screwdriver please!!! :D

Exams are over! :) --- time for a song...

**admiral clears the dust from the DJ booth , puts the vinyl on the player.... **

pack it up, pack it , lemme begin...

JUMP, JUMP...everybody, JUMP JUMP
jump around...jump around...jump up up and get down!
JUMP, JUMPJUMP, JUMPJUMP, JUMP

lol ;)

man I feel so energized now :)

Admiral

Originally posted by mystique
No one has posted here in FOUR days!?!?!?!?!

Well... I had a rough couple of days. :p

Got laid off, picked up one of my computers from my old job, had to clear out of my appartment for a day while the entire buildings (3) got fumigated, come back and put everything back into place, Redid and Setup the computer that came from my old job, and I finally redid my home network so I actually have a place to fix computers! :)
Phew! :p

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
man that IS ruff.... so where did u sleep during the fumigation ordeal ? ;)

Uh, my car? :p :D
Nah, we where allowed back in that eavening but nothing got moved until the next day. Just cleared the bed.

Originally posted by JohnnyV
That sucks, hope you find a job, that is if you want one :p
Where did you work?

Thanks... I honestly wasn't happy where I was, and my coworker sees it as I'm the lucky one that was able to escape! heh :D

I don't really want a "job", I want clients with a steady stream of work that would at least be enough to pay rent and other expences (car, entertaining, etc.)... but until business picks up, yeah I need a job! I'm just still "on leave" (disability) according to my doctor until probably January.

And, I was an IT Manager at a small software company (Windows). :p

Before you throw bricks - to my defence, I got the new PowerMac tower with OSX 10.2 Server in to be the Network Server. :)

Dang, i'm looking for a job. But people are really racist/sexist/imagist these days and it looks like my mom will be supporting me utill i'm 20. :(

Well, good luck on finding a new (nice, mac friendly) job Tormente!

Back