Herve's Bar & Grill

"G'day. Chuck your login here, mate."
click-click-tap-click
"Buggerit, that's the wrong password mate! Get ya' hand off it!"
click-tap-clik-clack
"Beaut. Loggin' in, mate...
"Bloody hell. Your PPP connection is up s..t creek, mate. She can't get a bloody response from the bloody modem. @#$!"

he he he ...
:p

phil - carefully note his set up. he is a dysfunctional type. every bar has one or more of em. if he gets too bad we can all elect to ignore him. but for now just try not to make him more disturbed;)

btw - you might see macD behind the bar every now and then. he comes and goes as he pleases and helps himself. rarely says a word though. kind of a clint eastwood "high Plains Drifter" type. might respond if spoken to directly but only if it seems important. of course his presence is always appreciated.

now klink - about that why. had to stop and think a little bit. it has been the usual long and winding road to get to this point. I started my most recent interest in psychology with an interest in shamanism. This led to an interest in transpersonal psych even before i began formal training of any kind. i also had an ex - mother in law and sister in law who were schizophrenic. I have seen a connection between spiritual/mystical experience and the interpretation of severe psychosis that i think needs to be clarrified better. I believe the symptoms of spiritual emergence>spiritual emergency are similar to those of organic and other psychosocial illnesses but get treated the same by most mainstream therapists. i am interested in sorting out the differences between them in order to provide more appropriate treatments. I could talk for hours about this aspect of my interests. perhaps over time i will say more. ask the right questions and you'll get more elaborated answers (bit by bit):cool:

so i'll stop there for now cause i want to talk about the game. i wasn't really in love with either team but it was a great game - nothing like your usual superbowl. and after years of domination by the nfc, it is time that the afc started maintaining the overall supremecy they show in the regular season by winning the big one. I think for once the two best teams really made it to the SB.

also klink - do you know where rego park is?:cool:

Make way...
OSx.com's official ESTJ and resident celebrity is coming into the bar & grill ;)

What is the specialty of this fine establishment ?

Hey ed come over here and tell me what I have missed. We can have a laugh over a beer with BlingBling and RacerX :)

Admiral

Hey Admiral, glad you found the bar. Must have been the new sign right?

Yeah Phil I remember Admiral's post. It's burned in your brain isn't it? For you I will don the Brooklyn stereotype then.
Walking around the bar with his left hand clasping his scrotum and talking with his right, he motions to the bartender to lean over the bar, and says, "Yew gotta see a my way, provelone. My guyza take out the garbage. Yew know whadda mean?"

Thanks for your response Ed, I thought you would have been too drained from the game. I think I can see why you wouldn't bring Freud into the conversation. He is somewhat of a dipole to self-transcendence in Transpersonal Psychology. I'm hoping you did not dismiss his essays without at least a read through (something other than his Interpretation of Dreams).
The difference between organic psychosocial illnesses and symptoms of spiritual emergence. Do you mean organic as in those who suffer from symptoms brought about by the inability of "normal" social interaction sans the inclusion of a spiritual overtone in the social aspect?

We share a common experience with schizophrenics in the family. Mine is a close cousin (on the inlaws side birthed by a father with problems himself). Fell prey to State psychiatrists. He was born on Dec 25th. So you can guess, when he stops taking his medication, what representation his delusions of granger take.

I certainly do know where Rego Park is Ed. Don't tell me you lived there? I live on the other side of the Flushing Meadows Corona Park (the World's Fair), between Cunningham and Alley Pond parks.

Can't talk superbowl with you today, I slept right through it! Sounds like I'm going to regret that.

I am back online. The connection was out, but it works again. I have found that a mac can format a floppy faster than a pc. It may sound strange. tuc tuc tuc tuc tuc

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
We can have a laugh over a beer with BlingBling and RacerX :)

I'm 15... i'll take a 40 oz. of Mountain Dew instead... for some reason, my body can't stand beer! i got sick like a dog the last time i tried it!

Edit: I changed my age... i keep putting 14 instead of 15... ohh well, i've got 364 days left to learn to use it! :D

ok, one mountain dew for the birthday boy, one vodka for Admiral, and i'm guessing klink is ready for coffee after all that bass:D

How about a big toast for BB!! Here's to ya!!:)

no, klink, i never lived in rego park. never even visited. but my sister has lived there for quite a while now. she always refers to it as being close to queens so i figured you couldn't be too far away. she may be moving back to ohio if she gets the new job she has interviewed for.
organic would refer to actual physical dis-ease like neurological damage. psychosocial is more the meaning i would give to the situation you described. Hell, we don't even have good reliable ways to tell these causes of schizophrenic symptoms apart yet. and we still don't know if chemical imbalances cause changes in brain activity or vice versa. most indications are that it can work either way.
my reading of original Freud has been limited. i think i have read one or two of his shorter books in entirity. can't keep up the steam to stick with most of his stuff. I wouldn't say i dismiss Freud. More that i disagree with him and find much of his theories limited by the zeitgeist of his era.

admiral, this bar is like that one commercial - we have every song by every artist ever recorded. you play it and we'll hum along. I would say that BB gets to pick the music today since it is his b-day. tomorrow we are having a band for Phil's B-day. (sorry BB, just couln't afford one 2 days in a row;) )

nobody stare at herve while he is playing with his floppy, ok?:p

Since this is an imaginary bar, can we have zappa here tomorrow night? really can't think of anyone in specific i'd like to have over, so ill pass that present along to you ed. Well on second thought, incubus does sound pretty good unplugged.

I would like root beer float as my birthday drink. Oh pah-leeeese can i sit at the bar! I know i'm underage, but its my birthday!

That commercial you're thinking about was for Quest Communications.

and can I also have a cake that says "PATRIOTS SUCK! RAMS RULE!" lol!!! :D

And as for the music, I say we play a bit of Alien Ant Farm for my birthday!

I can't stand AAF. Don't know why, since I normally like that sort of music, but AAF grates some nerves for me.
But since this is an imaginary bar 'n' grill, I'll just imagine its something else... :D

Happy birthday!

Hey, it's the aussie monkey guy again. i wish you had seen our superbowl last night. e-trade did a commercial with a chimp riding a bicycle thru the air to a musical number (much too complex to really explain). they end up firing him for making a lousy commercial and he ends up in a nasa rocket bound for space. i couldn't help but think of you and your scooter when i saw it. maybe there is a copy of it on the net somewhere. it was hilarious (do not drink soda while watching):p so what'll it be taday mate?

phil - Barq's or another brand? i figure you want the strong stuff for your birthday!

only aaf i could find BB, hope this is good:

As he came into the window
It was the sound of a crescendo
He came into her apartement
He left the bloodstains on the carpet
She ran underneath the table
He could see she was unable
So she ran into the bedroom
She was struck down, it was her doom

Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok
Are you ok, Annie
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok
Are you ok, Annie
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok, are you ok Annie?

(Annie are you ok?)
(Will you tell us that you're ok?)
(There's a sign in the window)
(That he struck you - a crescendo Annie)
(He came into your apartement)
(He left the bloodstains on the carpet)
(The you ran into the bedroom)
(You were struck down)
(It was your doom)

Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
You've been hit by
You've been hit by -
a smooth criminal

So they came into the outway
It was Sunday - what a black day
Mouth to mouth
resuscitation
Sounding heartbeats - intimidations

Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok
Are you ok, Annie
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok
Are you ok, Annie
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok, are you ok Annie?

(Annie are you ok?)
(Left the bloodstains on the carpet)
(The you
ran into the bedroom)
(You were struck down)
(It was your doom)

(Annie are you ok?)
(So, Annie are you ok?)
(Are you ok Annie?)
(You've been hit by)
(You've been struck by -
a smooth criminal)

Okay, I want everybody to clear
the area right now!

Aaow!
(Annie are you ok?)
I don't know!
I don't know!
I don't know!
I don't know!
I don't know!
(L
eft the bloodstains on the carpet)
I don't know why baby!
I don't know
(You were struck down)
(It was your doom - Annie!)

(Annie are you ok?)
Dad gone it - baby!
Dad gone it - baby!
Dad gone it - baby!
Hoo! Hoo!
Dad gone it!
(Left the bloodstains on the carpet)
Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!
Dad gone it!

(You were struck down)
(It was your doom - Annie!)
Aaow!!!

:confused:

IS that how you get your post # up there Ed?

On the way of Root Beer, Barq's is my national brand of choice, but if I could drink the kind I wanted all of the time, it would be Saranac, a local kind. I even tried making my own root beer once, it was the most disgusting thing ever.

Ed, have you ever had ginger beer?

Ch-hiccup-eers BB and Phil, Happy birthday!
Your right Ed, make it a double espresso. I got a long walk home.
Anyone mind if I smoke a cig?

Phill- How bout Cider Beer. Try that?

BB- Alien Ant Farm cracks me up. One of the few bands with a sense of humor. Crank the shit.

Ed-
Perhaps I'll run into your sister in my meanderings. If I sing "Eddie, are you kidding", will she know who I am? Rego Park IS in Queens. Does she think she's in Brooklyn? Ohio, aye. Did you grow up there Ed? Reminds me of the Ohio Players. What a great funk band of the 70's. I was born 10 years too late! Don't mind the disjointed tangents.
I'm with you on this, chemical composition vs brain activity changes. Chicken or the egg thing. Such a large complex organ with so little known about it. So little I know about it!
Ed it almost sounds like you went into his essays with a preconceived notion. But I won't push the issue, I would be no match for a debate and am not looking for one. I am a laymen. But, If you did decided to give him another once over, I would strongly suggest the works translated by James Strachey (W W Norton publishers). I could not find another author that would do his writings justice. They need to be translated literally. I can't stress this enough. It doesn't hurt to have a dictionary handy as well. He had a monster vocabulary.
Oh, zeitgeist. I'll give you $10 for that word. And Germanic to. Excellent! That was brilliant! I have to disagree though, he was shunned and ostracized for his ways of thinking through most his career by his peers. Hardly in spirit of the times of the late 1800's/early 1900's.
Ed, thank you for an interesting conversation and a tolerant voice. I think we might be boring the rest.

Hey where the dancing girls come from?

hmm, couldn't copy and paste their stuff for some reason so i guess i will just let you go to the incubus web site where you can pick from all their songs.

i have had ginger beer. i like it. i like real sasparillo too. I think i have had cider beer, but i am not sure. it is alcoholic, right?

At Herve's you can smoke whatever you got. just don't blow smoke in Herve's face. it annoys him. Other than that, you blow smoke up anybody else's ass you want:p

as for my sister, she is pretty different from me. 8 years younger. kinda like 2 "only child's". But if you go around shouting DWARD, you will get her attention. (her derogatory name for me growing up):p
whenever i send her mail it is addressed to rego park, not queens, so i assume it must be seperate somehow. what do i know? i visited her once back when she still lived in Manhatten. I will tell of those adventures another day:eek:

no offense klink, but talking too much about Freud will even bore me. but i will take the $10. (btw everyone tipping the bartender is encouraged:D ) actually zeitgeist and Freud were two terms i learned to put together during undergrad psych 100. While acceptance of his theories wasn't really strong in his time, his time very much influenced his theories. (nuff on Freud)

hey stick around, we can talk psych every so often. i got lots to talk about. hopefully oncee this place starts to take off there will be 6 or more seperate conversations flying around. people butting in and butting out. plenty of room for more butts on the stools here.
:p

oh yea, one Saranac for Phil coming up...

He he heck for Bdays we can have live bands if you wish :p -- It's all up to the birthday boyz -- besides this gives more time for the resident DJ to mingle with his adoring fans (namelly the nice looking brunette mediterranean girls :p)

Man... how many weeks do we have left in the semester ? 14 ? lol -- I can't wait for it to be over. I am so tired :p --

BARTENDER!!!! Make me some superstrong ice coffee, will ya ? Thanks! (btw who is the bartender????)

The only song that I like from AAF by the way, is smooth criminal :p -- I dont generally listen to that sort of music but I have my lapses and like to listen to it from time to time :)

admiral
PS: hey bartender! No floppy with my coffee :p

I am and the bartender. you should be able to figure this out as i hand you your cold coffee.

btw i almost forgot Phil, i got you this picture of a tshirt for your present -

Attachments

• tshirt.gif
    tshirt.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 24
Little story about incubus.
A friend of mine made an album and decided to credit himself as the devil. He asked, "Klink, how do you want your credit to read?" I said "Incubus, of coarse!".

incubus
n 1: a male demon believed to lie on sleeping persons and to have
sexual intercourse with sleeping women.

Funny, that's about the only way I can get laid now a days.

I went to Herve's Bar and Grill and all I got was this lousy picture of a t-shirt.

Ed you're a rip!

Back