• Sanitised

• Clean

• Variable

• Messy

• In breach of the Kyoto Agreement

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rhisiart

Registered
One of the main routes of MRSA transmission in European hospitals is a ward-based computer keyboard. A Toronto hospital recently had to throw out their keyboards when it was battling an outbreak of vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus (VRE).

Fortunately, our own keyboards probably harbour bugs that are just unique to ourselves.

How obsessive are you at keeping you keyboard clean?

Categories:

LEVEL 5 - meticulously clean at all times (alcohol swabbed etc.)

LEVEL 4 - clean

LEVEL 3 - generally clean except when squiffy after a visit to the bar/pub, or children/spouse have ate chips/cookies whilst on the computer

LEVEL 2 - stains, particles of food etc.

LEVEL 1 - junk food remains, human waste, general squalor etc.

P.S. I wonder if we will see an under-reporting of LEVEL 1?

hmm - cat 5 (nature's worst) is for the obsessive???

I often wonder how people can keep their keyboard (and screen etc) immaculate. I wish I could too, but it just ain't happenin'. Never quite level 1, but the computer never stays level 4 for too long. Egyptian dust is the main component of the mess.

My keyboard is, shall we say, a bit mucky...

Some people password protect their Macs to keep others off –*I just have an icky keyboard!

Variable. However, I would not let any kid use my keyboard. If it will be any crunches etc, they are mine.

level 5 - defiantly obsessive. Even ordered the iKlear Apple polish product and special cloth. I do find the MacBook Pro is not the easiest to keep clean, or I should say dirt shows very quickly. Form and design was a major buying factor, so it's important for me the MBP looks good at all times - obsessive -

Clean enough for me. There are no stains or noticeable food particles, but I'd hesitate to call it flat-out "clean", so I'll say 3.

On the surface, it's clean. I dust it often enough. However, if I peer deep down between the keys, I see a lot of beard hairs, dust and some flaky stuff that I can only assume is accumulated dead skin. I suppose I could unscrew the thing, pop the bottom off and clean it out, but . . . somehow I am not inspired to.

Hmm, difficult to say. I consider my keyboard to be generally clean, but I don't tend to actively clean it, so it gets a bit dusty in between the keys. That's about it, though!

Clean. The beer can is always on the chimney (which is next to the table that has the computer) when I use it. Just in case. No snacking for my daughter when she uses it.

I would say 3-2 is where I am at, however it has rarely been known to hit level 1. But generally gets cleaned pretty quick.

I got seriously bored at work yesterday –*so bored that I actually cleaned my keyboard! Mind you, that's a difficult job with these silly new white G5 keyboards – they are the perfect ashtray :D

Mind you, that's a difficult job with these silly new white G5 keyboards – they are the perfect ashtray :D

I dunno. I think the white keyboards actually encourage cleaning. Dark colored ones get just as grimy but you don't see it till there's a whole layer of crud to clean off.

I use window cleaner and a small soft cloth (with tweezers to drag it around through the "valleys").

The latest forensic analysis of my keyboard has identified the following:

• 207 varieties of bacteria, fourteen deadly to man
  • Pizza sauce
  • 'Walkers' Roast Chicken crisps (chips to our American cousins)
  • The remains of a biro
  • An abundance of human hair follicles, (long and grey, not short and curly!)
  • 18 varieties of cider spillages
  • A nail clipping (big toe I suspect)
For someone with OCD, this is quite an achievement.

Mine is very clean due to a waterproof skin I bought some time ago. I see a little hole on one corner, 'bout time to buy another.

i clean my Wireless keyboard &wireless mouse all the time i turn keyboard upside dw and shake itand blow it out w/aircan . jimbo

Back