[HOW TO] fix issue in Recovery Mode

Satcomer

In Geostationary Orbit
Read the article ]Boot Into Recovery Mode and use the menu item Disk Utility to Repair Permissions on you main partition! Older hack Intel only hacks seem tomes with m1 different setup! This fixes a great many thing going wrong including BlueTooth, apps not launching correctly, to audio issues on M1-2 Macs!

Last edited:
I am guessing that you did not try that so-called tip...
The option to Repair Permissions has not existed in the Disk Utility since the Disk Utility in Yosemite. THAT system won't even see an APFS-formatted drive, so can't attempt a repair of anything on an AS-generation Mac.
(Or, did you mean "First Aid"? -- instead of Repair Permissions ... ?
(Even in its heyday, "repairing" permissions seldom actually fixed anything -- but the misinformation continues even several years after Apple removed the choice... )
(I noticed that Tenorshare "help" site has a lot of erroneous information - some just really out-of-date -- makes me wonder why people would use that site for anything useful

I did use it because an app screwed with my audio! I had to find that app, and It wouldn't delete even after I changed it permissions and stop it in Activity viewer! Once after booting into Recovery Mode I was able to repair permissions and finally delete the old hackie that wouldn't delete! The audio problem went away! hat was time I delete that whole program and it's part and delete that program snd find modern alternatives!

Back