How to make this site even better - suggestions please :)

Urban: Those arrows show the status of the poster. If it's orange, (s)he is online; if it's blue, (s)he is offline.

And I don't understand why some of the image tags have not been fixed. So far, only the attachment icon comes to mind. This theme has been around for several months, and most of the bugs have been worked out; why has this failed inspection?

What about including a small, 1-cell tall (since this site uses tables :p) message when a post is deleted, or a "Deleted:" message when a thread is deleted?

Is there a way to include a "translate post" button... i get mostly anything you say without translation but there are certain words that i don't get and it takes a lot to copy/paste to translate that words... I'm lazy, what else could to say? :)

Redesign and working galleries will be cool too... Just don't make it too fancy it will take a lot to load and i guess that we all are here because of the content not the look....

It's pretty complicated to write translation software for the Internet, and I doubt Scott is willing or able to do it well on his own. Try babelfish.altavista.com or just ask us what "Xyz" means.

There's no need to write a new translation engine and I'm sure it can be done at least on Vbulletin boards... more info at vBulletin.org and you can see a working version of what i'm talking 'bout at icalledit.com look at the bottom of the thread at that site...

This hack seems to be a bit tricky to setup but it works and it works with babelfish so all babelfish languages will be available...

I just want you to consider the possibility of adding a thing like this to the board it'll be cool for no-native english speakers... like me...

THX

- Send mail to vB. Ask for XHTML/CSS coding.

Mr K., as StopDesign and Jeffrey Zeldman are now employed by Apple, they won't be able to design the site for us [;)]. But we could ask Dave Shea or Owen Briggs [:p].

- I still us the Beige theme because it's nicer: nicer images, no weird drop shadows, larger space on screen, usw.

- Hot chicks, hot chicks, hot chicks. Did I mention hot chicks ?

We have plans in the works to get rid of the current THEMES, emphasis on both themes. :)

Scott

Bonefill, the babelfish translations have one bad side. Try to write something in spanish, babelfish it to english, and then babelfish it back to spanish. See what happened? As they translate word by word, not by frase, expression or sense, I'd be a bit cautious .. but never seen that trick incorporated to a vB before. hmm :)

Hey, we could use that translate function and then only Herve/Tree/Elektro would be the only ones that people could understand. :D

LOL G you're right but for what reason you want to translate and then re-translate it all again?... and that will only affect if you want to translate what you're posting there's where i didn't made myself clear i guess... i think it will be useful for reading not for posting...

On a different note, could we have a nice icon (favicon) for this site? :) casue the vB icon has nothing to do in a Mac OS X site... :p

quicksilver - this has been a common suggestion thru the years. but...

1) we''re not apple
2)we don't want to be confused as being part of apple
3)hence we avoid things that immitate apple's style and appearance.

keeps us out of any ill feelings on apple's part. understand?

edX, couldn't it be a user-choose-able option with the default being something else? That would avoid all but #4.
quicksilver, where is this theme?! :D

Originally posted by Mr. Site Creator
Change is good.
Oh really?
Posted earlier by El Creator Del Sito
We have plans in the works to get rid of the current THEMES, emphasis on both themes.
I think you would beg to differ.

I think we should have user-submitted themes, then we the ppl [sic] can vote on which we'd like the option of having. And an Aqua theme would be alright if you didn't make it the default, IMO.

Back