How to Share Files between iBook G4 and MacPro Wirelessly

vja4Him

Registered
How can I share files between my iBook G4 and my MacPro, wirelessly?

I've been searching online for instructions, and haven't found anything yet ... Also did a search using the Help files, but still no luck.

What sort of wireless router are you using?
If you want to share files in both directions, then both Macs should have file sharing turned on...
You can easily connect to the other computer then, through the finder Go menu/Connect to Server, or just command-K, and authenticate using the other computer's login.
It's not more complicated than that... and you can browse through the other user's files.

What sort of wireless router are you using?
If you want to share files in both directions, then both Macs should have file sharing turned on...
You can easily connect to the other computer then, through the finder Go menu/Connect to Server, or just command-K, and authenticate using the other computer's login.
It's not more complicated than that... and you can browse through the other user's files.

We are using the D-Link 655 router.

File Sharing is turned on for both iBook G4 and MacPro.

I've tried Go, Connect to Server several times. Get an error message, "Connection Failed, The server does not exist or it is not operational at this time. Check the server name or IP address and try again."

Ok, I think I've found my MacPro from my iBook G4, but when I click on my folder, I get an error message telling me:

"The folder "vja4Him" could not be opened because you do not have sufficient access privileges."

So, how do I get access privileges to open the folder .... ???

You might want to try a program called"Dropcopy".Should be able to find it at Macupdate.Takes all the hassle out of filesharing.I use it daily on my MBP and G4 IMac.

You might want to try a program called"Dropcopy".Should be able to find it at Macupdate.Takes all the hassle out of filesharing.I use it daily on my MBP and G4 IMac.

If I could see my iBook G4 from my MacPro, that would be cool, but then I wouldn't need Dropcopy, because I would already be able to simply drag the files from my MacPro to my iBook G4 ....

Well the iBook G4 will need something like SharePoints if you are running Tiger or Panther on it. This will let you point individual folders instead of the whole hard drive (10.4 or 10.3).

On your 10.6.x Mac Pro, does it have a wireless card installed?

Well the iBook G4 will need something like SharePoints if you are running Tiger or Panther on it. This will let you point individual folders instead of the whole hard drive (10.4 or 10.3).

On your 10.6.x Mac Pro, does it have a wireless card installed?

Thanks! I'll give that a try. Downloading Sharepoints now ...

Finally found the solution from Apple Discussions. All I needed to do was enable the Guest Account, and now my iBook G4 sees the MacPro!

Back