I have final Panther (10.3-7b85)

Originally posted by ElDiabloConCaca
Ah, my mistake then... I guess he'll just have to wait until the final version comes out to see if he's got the latest version. Thanks for the correction!

I didn't realize that paying ADC members (I'm a student ADC member, so I don't get beta builds) got the final release for free... well, in spite of their membership costs.

If he's got 7B85 then he has the GM build and hence the "Retail" build. 7B85 is GM whether people want to beleive it or not. The 7C** series of builds are for 10.3.1. Panther retail = Build 7B85.

And you know this... how?

Not to say you're wrong. Its just no one has been able to confirm this, nor will they be able to until the 24th or whenever Apple posts the build in the specs or KBase.

Originally posted by rhale1
And you know this... how?

Not to say you're wrong. Its just no one has been able to confirm this, nor will they be able to until the 24th or whenever Apple posts the build in the specs or KBase.

Simply because something cannot be "proven" until a date in the future does not make it unfactual. 7B85 is GM and is what will be in the retail box. Piracy over at MacNN told people when 10.0, 10.1, and 10.2 came out what the GM build was and no one believed him. Every time he was correct - the GM build he stated months in advance was what was in retail boxes. He said 7B85 is GM and I believe him. Perfect track record = reliability and confidence. On 10/24, come back and apologize for your lack of faith and doubt. ;)

I'll apologize now. I wasn't aware of Piracy's "track record". I also didn't mean to say you were dead wrong; I'm only skeptical because the builds haven't been posted to ADC, like they have been in the past. Apple I suppose is doing things differently.

For what it's worth, I do think 85 is the GM; I've been using it for a week now and its been the best yet! I only hope good things for Panther (and XCode, I hope it's better than it was. Oy!) in the future.

Originally posted by rhale1
I'll apologize now. I wasn't aware of Piracy's "track record". I also didn't mean to say you were dead wrong; I'm only skeptical because the builds haven't been posted to ADC, like they have been in the past. Apple I suppose is doing things differently.

For what it's worth, I do think 85 is the GM; I've been using it for a week now and its been the best yet! I only hope good things for Panther (and XCode, I hope it's better than it was. Oy!) in the future.

No apology necessary - I was only joking. The builds weren't posted to ADC b/c they were internal builds. Most likely, they squashed all the bugs from 7B80 (posted to ADC) and tested the release candidates in house. The leak of 7B85 to the normal "channels" probably came from within Apple.

Back