I would just like to share with you

MikeXpop

iEye
Yesterday I went up to my room, hooked up my computer speakers to my old school 80's record player, and put on some Glenn Miller (his memorial album). I turned off the lights, and popped open a coke.

Oh man.

The most relaxed I've been in years I tell you. Nothing like it in the world.

Well, I'm done rambling. You can all reply or leave now :)

MikeXpop said:
Yesterday I went up to my room, hooked up my computer speakers to my old school 80's record player, and put on some Glenn Miller (his memorial album). I turned off the lights, and popped open a coke.

Oh man.

The most relaxed I've been in years I tell you. Nothing like it in the world.

Well, I'm done rambling. You can all reply or leave now :)

I love to unwind with some nice Pink Floyd and some Zepp. I usually turn it on, turn off the lights....relax with a cigarette(bad habit) and just groove to some Floyd for hours. :)

Barry White here. Guess I belong to the older generation here... (man, that was quick!) ;)
Anyway, love to watch the city from my huge window (on the 10th floor). Have a wonderful view and enjoy it even more during night when all those lights hare and mix into different colours..

The best time to listen to any kind of music is when your going to bed... Just lay there and your kind of half asleep so your *super* relaxed, and you just have to enjoy it. Then you fall asleep.

I've been meaning to pick up some Floyd, but I need to find a used record store around here. Right now all I have is my grandparent's music. My grandfather had the same taste that I do, jazz mostly, while my grandmother listened to more country (mostly Cash and Nelson). The Jazz is easier to chill to.

My mother actually had the Beatles' White album, but my dad threw it away a couple years ago (since there was no use for it :rolleyes: ).

MikeXpop said:
I've been meaning to pick up some Floyd, but I need to find a used record store around here. Right now all I have is my grandparent's music. My grandfather had the same taste that I do, jazz mostly, while my grandmother listened to more country (mostly Cash and Nelson). The Jazz is easier to chill to.

My mother actually had the Beatles' White album, but my dad threw it away a couple years ago (since there was no use for it :rolleyes: ).

Then checkout an internet used CD store. Go to Google and just type in 'used cds'. You'll find a plethora of store choices.

Yeah, I have basically all the floyd there is out there, love every one of their albums. Zeppelin is my other favorite, I love about 98% of their stuff. I also love grooving to Hendrix, Tool, Portishead..and other things, of course these are the just the bands that i like to listen to when i relax...plenty of other music on my playlist :) My favorite floyd album has to be Wish You Were Here, Animals is coming in at a close second.

Heh, I'm with Konfuzion. I just got the last 2 of the 4 CD's I recently ordered used from Amazon, Obscured by Clouds and The Division Bell. (I got 3 Floyd and 1 Boston. ;)) There's nothing like Dark Side or Wish You Were Here when you just want to let it all go.

I think Wish is my favorite too; you just can't beat Shine On! :)

Arden :D , your choice of music is very....well....very good ;) Rock on man :) I'm only 20 years old, but I believe I began listening to floyd during some sort of errr.....well, experience I had and I fell in love with it and it still amazes me everytime i listen to it, over and over again...i'm probably sure i could probably go the rest of my life just listening to floyd if i needed to, heh.

Attachments

• wish01.jpg
    wish01.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 14
Total Konfuzion said:
I love to unwind with some nice Pink Floyd and some Zepp. I usually turn it on, turn off the lights....relax with a cigarette(bad habit) and just groove to some Floyd for hours. :)

Got to love Floyd !!!!!

I love Floyd as well. Wish you were here is most definitely my favorite album, followed by DSotM, with Animals a close third. and Satcomer, I have all the used CD's I can handle. I need to find a store that sells vinyl ;)

Total Konfuzion said:
Arden :D , your choice of music is very....well....very good ;) Rock on man :) I'm only 20 years old, but I believe I began listening to floyd during some sort of errr.....well, experience I had and I fell in love with it and it still amazes me everytime i listen to it, over and over again...i'm probably sure i could probably go the rest of my life just listening to floyd if i needed to, heh.

Right there with you, man... some sort of "experience" (or multiple experiences) turned me on to Floyd, and I haven't stopped since... hehe... ;)

I gotta rank Animals number one... DSoTM is great to sing along with, but Animals has to be number one on my list, simply because, for a lack of better description, the "pure animalistic energy." That album lifts you up, then sends you spiralling back down... especially the track "Pigs." Gives me goose bumps just singing along in my head...

Animals on a surround system is simply amazing, it will trip you out for sure...even when you aren't having an "experience". Hehe...Rock on....I hope music will always be part of my life, as it has helped me survive this far into it.....hopefully it'll help me survive the rest of the way.

Floyd's music is timeless. I been listening to them since I was 10, I am now 33. Another great DVD is Gimoure's solo unplugged performance. I was fortunate to see Floyd 4 times. I hope they release some more live performances in the future. My top five.
1. Animals
2. Wish you were here
3. Dark Side
4. Pipers at the Gates of Down
5. Meedle

powermac: I'll have to second that list. Although I may put DSoTM before Wish, but other than that, spot on man... and I can't remember what song it is on "Meddle," but I love the lyric-less song that starts out "I'm going to cut you into leeeeeetle peeeces!"

Another big "experience" music: Peter Frampton's "Do You Feel?" is a biggie on my list... that song always reminds me of Otto on the Simpsons on LSD -- "Whoa, dude, my shoes are talking to me!" Shoe 1: "We do not want to hurt you..." Shoe 2: "We only want to... have... fun..." Hehe...

...but Pink Floyd is definitely number one. I don't know why, but Stone Temple Pilot's Core album was pretty good during times of "experience" as well... kinda hard, kinda trippy, great lyrics, some fast, some slow... pretty damn good.

Meddle is:
  1. One of These Days
  2. A Pillar of Wind
  3. Fearless
  4. San Tropez
  5. Seamus
  6. Echoes
I believe it was One of These Days you were referring to... quite an awesome song. As is Echoes.

I really have to get a copy of Animals. I have Echoes (the best-of album), which has Sheep on it, and that is quite a good song... I just love that bass!

You guys like Momentary Lapse of Reason? A lot of Floyd fans don't like it quite so much, but I love it. I will admit, there are points it could definitely be better, but I think it has an awesome sound, which is the most important thing to me. If it were about lyrics and story and deepness, I would like Roger Waters's solo works much better than I do (okay, not that great). Besides, I think he's whiny, especially on The Wall.

Hmm, maybe we should start a Pink Floyd thread... or not, this will do nicely, I think.

Yep, it was One of These Days... good song.

And yes, you need a copy of Animals, if not for anything else other than to get "Pigs (Three Kinds)".
Best song on the album.

I enjoy Momentary Lapse of Reason, but that, like the Division Bell, is just a matured version of Pink Floyd. It's a little less trippy and a lot less metaphorical. I like "Keep Talking" from Division Bell, and I believe it's "War Pigs" from Momentary.

They officially announced their retirement. All in all, I am not sad, they created the best music ever. When you think of PF, the music is simple, the message is deep. I would recommend David Gilmoure's DVD of his solo performance, the title eludes me, I let a friend borrow it. This performance, shows the master David is.

Back