iBook G4 touchpad sensitivity

ksignorini

Registered
What can I do to make my touchpad on my new iBook G4 ignore my accidental taps while I'm typing besides turning on that option in System Prefs?

It doesn't seem to make a difference if it's on or off, but I'm constantly tapping it accidentally and jumping it around.

There has to be something...!

Kent!

Set it to not use the touchpad for clicking or dragging, but rather just for moving the mouse. Then you just click with the touchpad button. That's my preference.

ksignorini said:
What can I do to make my touchpad on my new iBook G4 ignore my accidental taps while I'm typing besides turning on that option in System Prefs?

It doesn't seem to make a difference if it's on or off, but I'm constantly tapping it accidentally and jumping it around.

There has to be something...!

Kent!

Use an external keyboard, even a wireless keyboard - - :)

DeltaMac said:
Use an external keyboard, even a wireless keyboard - - :)

Um, I actually have an external keyboard and an external mouse, but...

I'm asking this question for the times that I'm NOT using them.

Kent!

I think there's a setting under System Preferences > Mouse/Keyboard that will let you turn off the trackpad when keyboard input is detected. That should help.

I have the same problem with mine. The sensitivity is a little to high, frequently lightly touching it to just move the curserenables a click. I think i may have to turn it off but hoping I can fine tune my fingers to differentiate click from mouse move.

Pardus said:
I have the same problem with mine. The sensitivity is a little to high, frequently lightly touching it to just move the curserenables a click. I think i may have to turn it off but hoping I can fine tune my fingers to differentiate click from mouse move.

Turning off the Clicking function seems to have worked, but damn, I like to tap to click. I guess I'll just turn it off when I need to do any real typing.

Kent!

Ergonomically, you shouldn't be resting any part of your hands on your desk or laptop, anyway, as you are bending your wrists up... but that's just me blaming the victim. lol

Back