iCloud issue

Rhisiart

Registered
Dropbox and Google Drive allows me to share docs/presentations etc. between my laptop and my desktop.

However iCloud only seems to share Pages/Numbers/Keynote between a computer and an IOS device.

How do I set up my Macbook Pro and my Mac mini to sync iWork files?

Hmm... would dragging those files work in Evernote? At least it syncs everything else (text, images, pdf etc) between them.
Or box.net?

However iCloud only seems to share Pages/Numbers/Keynote between a computer and an IOS device.

iCloud allows you to share iWork documents between ALL iOS and Mac OS X computers/devices that are set up to use the same iCloud account. If your MacBook Pro and Mac mini are configured with the same iCloud account, you should be able to work on the same iWork documents on both machines.

If your MacBook Pro and Mac mini are configured with the same iCloud account, you should be able to work on the same iWork documents on both machines.
Thanks Ed.

OK, in System Preferences I have set up iCloud for Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Bookmarks, Photo Stream, Docs & Data and Find my Mac. I've even got iTunes all set up sync wise too.

However, I have experimented with Docs & Data. I've placed one Pages document in my Document folder on my Mac mini (for the sake of the experiment). It doesn't appear in the Documents folder of my Macbook Pro even though it is iCloud synced in the same way as the Mac mini.

I have also set up the Pages document to be shared on iWork.com, which I see is being disbanded on 31.07.12.

If I go to https://www.icloud.com/#iwork all I get is the image that you can see in managed attachments below.

I don't have an iOS device. How do I get my Pages document to appear on my Macbook Pro?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-16 at 18.55.51.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-16 at 18.55.51.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back