If you want 10.1 spoiled for you, read this!

whitesaint

cocoa love
Okay i spent about 3 days getting 10.1 and i really gotta thank God cuz i take it as a miracle. Well anyways 10.1 Rocks!! Applications really do launch 2-3 times faster!! Ive played around with OS X on a G4 at the store before, and now my G3 goes faster than that G4!! When you guys get 10.1 i really believe that you guys are gonna get ur socks knocked off. There is a new Version of IE and also iTunes has been upgraded to 1.1.2. Today it took me only 2 bounces to relaunch the Finder! However i see why its not released to the public yet. Java Apps go slow as hell (LimeWire) and i already had a kernel panic when i first installed it. But ever since then it has been goin sooooooo smooth. Windows resize much much much much faster. Oh yeah, and my dock - on my G3 my dock took all my CPU usage and took forever just for magnification, now theres no slowing-down at all. It feels like ive upgraded to a dual G4. Oh and my scroll button on my mouse works in the Finder now! :D Apple I love you :D

Is it possible, for a non-developper like me, to find this version somewhere...?
Did you try the DVD player too...?

Thanks for your post anyway because all the posts from people trying different builds and finding them worst than 10.0.4 were depressing me...! :D

of course! most of the builds that people were complaining about were earlier builds. Im using the MacWorld Preview and its excellent. Ive been up all night minimizing windows and watching in awe from how fast it goes.:D
<br>
Anyways, to answer your question. 10.1 is available and very easy to get, but you need a CD burner. It took a while for me to get a burned CD bootable, but eventually it worked. 10.1 is all over Carracho! About a week ago no one had it, but now it seems that everyone does. i havn't tried DVD playback yet because i dont have a DVD player yet. Hope that helps though.

Oh yeah, and one more note, the only thing im disappointed in 10.1 so far (and its really not a big deal because it will be fixed anyway) is that I can't use the developer tools. They install ok, but when i try to use interface builder, its all out of wack. Project Builder is good though. But the speed improvements are so marvelous, that i dont even care if i have to use another computer to develop. Once again -Apple I love you:D

oh yea sorry to keep posting like this, but another cool feature is that the scroll button on my mouse works in menu's. Pretty cool huh....?:D

Can you tell us how to find this build 5F24 to download...?
I tried but didn't find it yesterday night.
Is it on some web sites or more via newsgroups...?

Thanks

Yep Carracho. Carracho is great - just about every server on there has 10.1 available (for free too) :D Also i would like to add that i am switching back to 10.04 for the simple reason of not being able to develop in my own room. Oh yeah and if any of you guys cant find a good bandwidth connection, try "Roswell" on Carracho, i usually get about 100K/per second on there. The tracker is "HL Sux" Most of the other servers i found suck on there, always asking to upload Maya, or switch your Icon or you name. Ack it gets pretty annoying.

-whitesaint

I am happy to report that I am up and running with 5f24 and ,..well, wow.

Everything seems so zippy. I got online with my dsl connection with minimal hassle. I played with speakable items and was amazed; very smooth. I did manage to crash quictime however. I am noticing lots of changes and new features.

Thanks Apple

Carracho kicks much ass.

;)

OK

This is starting to make me sick. I have wasted too much time reading what WhiteSaint has to say concerning OS X. He is naïve, unknowledgable, and completely trivializes the use of OS X. Bottom line, all he talks about is Hotline and Carracho sites. These sites are warez sites. In my opinion these sites degrade the integrety and take away from the obligation that Mac Users have towards eachother and Apple. Furthermore, such endusers as WhiteSaint are sensationalistic in their "reviews" of preproduction software and are not reflecting the entire story.

--Zaven:mad:

Originally posted by Zaven
OK

This is starting to make me sick. I have wasted too much time reading what WhiteSaint has to say concerning OS X. He is naïve, unknowledgable, and completely trivializes the use of OS X. Bottom line, all he talks about is Hotline and Carracho sites. These sites are warez sites. In my opinion these sites degrade the integrety and take away from the obligation that Mac Users have towards eachother and Apple. Furthermore, such endusers as WhiteSaint are sensationalistic in their "reviews" of preproduction software and are not reflecting the entire story.

--Zaven:mad:

Hey now. That's not right. On various levels even.

First off, Carracho and Hotline are worthy technologies in their own right. Protocols. They are a wonderful client/server applications and have many uses. Warez tend to be one of those uses, yes, but do not judge on that alone.

I would also think WhiteSaint was dead on with his review. How is it trivial to
remark about the speed increases? I don't think that it is trivial that the menus pop down with a quickness never before seen on previous builds. Or that the dock can now be placed on the side of the screen.

This integrety and obligation you speak of, don't you think I'll be submitting bug reports?

I can think of a million different uses for hotline + carracho.... now if only I had an extra machine to spare to I could put it on my school's T1 network ;)

I am pleased that I heard the speed is increased. But this is Apple should do because the upgrade is not free. They are asking us to pay twice within 6 months. Apple seems to fully support both IE and JAVA. JAVA is always running very slow, even under IA-64, the next generation of Intel CPU. I don't think currently they can speed up JAVA.

But other reports show that 10.1 also gets a lot of problems. They can't finish their job when the promised distribution time. They will follow the way like in 10 and 10.1. Next half a year, we will have to pay for 10.2 ugrade. But I think 10.1.x should be free.

One thing I should mention about 5f24.

It did not recognize that 9.1 was installed on the other partition. Is that because it needs 9.2?

I don't think so. Newer version should support up to OS 8.5. Otherwise, it is not a better upgrade version since its support is worse.

Back