iHome?

Hahahah that is soooooooo fake man.... Why did they even bother about making it though, that really does stump me. I know i wouldn't be bothered to go that far with making a hoax. You can soo tell that it is made out of cardboard, but i dont think i have to go any further because i think everyone does know that it is fake.

I hope apple do not bring out a mac that connects to your tv like those media centre edition pc's. I think Apple should be alittle more creative than that, and i know they will be because i dont think those pc's will last very long. Like honestly who wants to buy a brand new pc and have it in your lounge room.

Okay, if it's not blindingly to anyone obvious that this is a cardboard box with paper taped to it in a rebranded Windows Media Center box (Apple doesn't put "PR shots" on their packaging), then they need to get glasses. For the rest of us, I think we can all agree that it's a fake and call it a day. :)

to add to the thoughts of this being a fake...

if this was a real concept / product and is aimed at sitting in the living room as the media hub of the home - then surely there would be at least one each of a usb / firewire port on the front of the box? everytime a user wants to plug in a camera etc (which could potentially be every few days) they'd have to struggle to get the cables in around the back.

the g5 has a couple of 'easy access' ports - and the new imac has the same ease of plugging in due to its design / slimness.

and wouldn't there also be a docking area for an ipod?

What I want to know is why the iHome box is sitting next to $10,000 worth of other computer equipment.

Knowing the design of Apple's boxes, Apple will never put 4 pictures asymmetrical on the side of the box. This fake _does_ have such a asymmetrical design. Which can be seen here. Also the margins of the top and the bottom space are too thight.

Then, Apple's boxes usually (read: always) have a life-sized picture of the hardware printed on the box. In this case too, but there's a difference. Example: the side of the box of the iMac G5 has a picture of the side of the iMac G5, the front of the box has a frontview of the iMac. (other examples: iBook, iPod, Powermac G5, Powerbook) In this fake, the top of the box has a frontview of the iHome and not a topview, which never occures in any other hardware box Apple has ever made.

For me, these fakies haven't look good enough to Apple's way of designing.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
There's probably not equipment in those boxes at all, you know... just cardboard mock-ups!

Reminds me of a classmate years ago.

I'd go round his house and he'd have a few boxes of high spec machines, PC's, and I never saw the actual product lol. Come to think of it, this is similar.

Back