iLife '05 Shipping!!!

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Ship date: Jan 19, 2005
Estimated delivery date: Jan 21, 2005 by 4:30 pm

Via FedEx 2-Day.

I opted for free shipping, so thanks for the free upgrade APPLE.

my father in law ordered his and is having it shipped to him in florida where he'll be vacationing. lol
it's gonna beat him there since it's shipping early.

funny thing, he's down there almost every time a new software pkg from Apple ships. He got Jaguar delivered to him while down there on vacation a couple years ago.

I just received it. iPhoto had to upgrade my photo library so maybe iPhoto sharing between v.4 and v.5 may have problems.

Got my copy today. Well, sort of. They forgot the DVD in the iLife box, so all I got was iPhoto, iMovie, and iTunes. No Garageband or iDVD. Grrr. Needless to say, I called and complained. After getting transfered around a bit, they offered to send me a replacement free of charge. even shipped overnight, so I should get it Monday, hopefully.

They're still a tad pricey, but the books are the best part of iPhoto 5 for me...

Already built and ordered a nice surprise Valentine's gift =)

macavenger said:
Got my copy today. Well, sort of. They forgot the DVD in the iLife box, so all I got was iPhoto, iMovie, and iTunes. No Garageband or iDVD. Grrr. Needless to say, I called and complained. After getting transfered around a bit, they offered to send me a replacement free of charge. even shipped overnight, so I should get it Monday, hopefully.

Weird! Mine came with both disks (2 - one for a computer with a DVD drive and one for a computer without a DVD drive). Hope you get your replacement soon.

If Garage Band is 62 Megs, why doesn't Apple include it on the iLife CD vs. just the iLife DVD?

Thanks much,
Adonsa

Adonsa said:
If Garage Band is 62 Megs, why doesn't Apple include it on the iLife CD vs. just the iLife DVD?

Thanks much,
Adonsa

GarageBand app= 62MB
Music loops=1.09 GB
GarageBand Instrument Library = 1.35 GB
GarageBand Documentation = 16.5 MB

Total GarageBand data size: about 2.5 GB

Granted, this is uncompressed size, no doubt it would be smaller on the installation disk. Still larger than a standard CD, however, especially leaving room for the other applications and their associated data.

Mac Avenger,

My bad.
macavenger said:
Total GarageBand data size: about 2.5 GB
Obviously Apple doesn't want to split it up and throw in more CDs.

Fairbanks, awesome. Any close wildlife encounters? My furtherest N was working at Rich when the 5.6 or 6.0 earthquake occurred about 3 years ago, it sounded like explosions in the parking lot. Kodiak's a great place if you get a chance - no close encounters w/ Kodiak Brown Bear, otherwise I wouldn't be here typing this.

Appreciate the reply.
Adonsa

Why does iLife'05 brag about iTunes on the box, if this is freeware?

Or is the version of iTunes in the iLife'05 box a different version?

Back