iMac Refreshment in Sept. 2006

georgelien

Registered
Anyone, anyone?

I'm planning to get an Intel iMac, but want to get the next generation?

Does anyone know when the new Intel iMac will come out?

Thanks!

Regards,

George

Nobody but Steve Jobs knows when the next Apple-branded computer will be released.

People will speculate and claim that they know, but it's all pure speculation. Apple's just like that: they keep their product launch dates secret. If Apple let everyone know when the "next generation" of a certain computer would be released, it would simply cannibalize the sales of the current model.

True, true.

But we can always speculate, I mean, I mean, we can have educated guesses based on past track records, aka past released dates.

It's every six months now, right?

So, it means the new iMacs should be just around the corner.

Regards,

George

Nobody but Steve Jobs knows when the next Apple-branded computer will be released.

People will speculate and claim that they know, but it's all pure speculation. Apple's just like that: they keep their product launch dates secret. If Apple let everyone know when the "next generation" of a certain computer would be released, it would simply cannibalize the sales of the current model.

Just don't plan any purchases around someone's 'educated guess'. It may be 'educated' but in the end, it's just a guess. I have one, by the way. The new iMac, which will be a completely new design (and means you shouldn't buy yet, until the rev 2 comes out after the first of the year) will be announced sooner or later. Probably sooner, but it could be later. That's just an edumacated guesstimate, and I'm certain it's a true guess!

That's a really cool service they've done there. Thanks for the link. What they should also factor in are upcoming expos, which is always a big red flag.

Yep, also its worth looking at the rumors attached to each area. Be aware the iPod section is misleading as it includes all iPod flavors.

So.. basically hold of on buying everything except the Mac Pro and Xserve, which were released.. a week ago.

Back