iMail

Do you mean Mail.app? I'm not aware of a Mac-based program called iMail.

If you are talking about Mail, go over all of the settings you have set for the account that's acting up. Make sure that your email address, password, and authentication settings are all correct. It may help to delete the account, and then set it up again per your mail service's requirements.

Careful when deleting the account from Mail.app. Unlike some other mail clients that will leave the messages alone. Mail.app will delete all messages assoicated with this account.

Careful when deleting the account from Mail.app. Unlike some other mail clients that will leave the messages alone. Mail.app will delete all messages assoicated with this account.
Only the local copies of messages, meaning for a POP3 account, all messages will be lost... but with an IMAP account (.mac account, some google accounts), all messages will be left on the server (unless explicitly changed in the account options for the IMAP account).

What is your setting for how often mail checks for new mail? If the interval is too short, you may have the problem you are experiencing. Try setting it for a longer interval, maybe 5 minutes or more, and see if that helps.

I was just checking this and saw your post skybolt/Mary I will try this although it doesn't happen as often. Since it comes and goes I "think" it has something to do with google or "IT'S" server.

Always open Mail the application and in that application go to the window menu item and select 'Connection doctor'. It will help you trace down the email server specific problem.

Plus Google is always changing their email servers all the time. Always check the Google web interface . So look here & here for Google's iMAP email server settings.

Lastly if you changed any Google password then always look at the Keychain (/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access password (for Google).

Back