Installing windows 10 through bootcamp

I was just wondering whether it would be different using a trackpad on windows on a macbook, compared to using a trackpad on an actual windows computer.

Sorry, can I confirm correctly... you say your macbook doesn't have any trackpad gestures... I assumed all macbooks have force touch trackpads?

My MacBook? It's an early 2008.
MacBooks (and MacBook Pro) did not have force touch until 2015, only 4 years ago.
Late 2008 started "multi-touch" pads with some gestures, but the old white MacBook like I have never got even that multi-touch pad, until the release of new MacBooks in 2015.

Yes, I expect that the trackpad will feel different between Windows, or when booted to macOS, as Apple has always had a different take on how devices are supposed to respond, compared to the same device in Windows. And, I expect there will be differences. Don't go by what someone else will tell you - unless that person has some way to show you the difference. You might find that whatever difference is of no consequence to you -- or, it will be a deal-breaker - or somewhere in-between.
What I am saying is: try it out for yourself. You might find that the OS doesn't make that much difference to you.

My MacBook? It's an early 2008.
MacBooks (and MacBook Pro) did not have force touch until 2015, only 4 years ago.
Late 2008 started "multi-touch" pads with some gestures, but the old white MacBook like I have never got even that multi-touch pad, until the release of new MacBooks in 2015.

Yes, I expect that the trackpad will feel different between Windows, or when booted to macOS, as Apple has always had a different take on how devices are supposed to respond, compared to the same device in Windows. And, I expect there will be differences. Don't go by what someone else will tell you - unless that person has some way to show you the difference. You might find that whatever difference is of no consequence to you -- or, it will be a deal-breaker - or somewhere in-between.
What I am saying is: try it out for yourself. You might find that the OS doesn't make that much difference to you.
He showed me, and it seemed really bad in terms of seamless gestures. He has a 2012 MBP. Maybe bc it doesn't have support force touch it may be different?

Out of curiousity, what OS version are you running? Are you able to run mojave?

I run almost anything available for the last 20 years...
In my house:
I have a gen2 iMac that runs either Mac OS 9, or OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
2 eMacs running OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
A 2006 iMac, running Snow Leopard
The 2008 MacBook, running Leopard, Lion, or a hacked Yosemite (depends on what I want to do with it) That MacBook can't ever go to Mojave. It just barely works with Yosemite, which isn't supported, anyway.
(Forgot a Titanium PB G4, running either Linux, or OS X 10.5.8, rarely used)
Main Mac at the moment - 2012 Mac mini/16GB ram/SSD. Runs Mojave very nicely, but I have 4 other systems that occasionally are booted on that mini, 10.8, 10.10, 10.12, and of course 10.14
I run a small Mac repair shop, so sometimes I have one or two other Macs in the house, depending on the day of the week.
So, I can boot up and run virtually any mac OS, which I do something like that almost every day.
Oh, 2 of the Macs have Windows 10, and I have one that can boot to Windows 8 - should I have some need like that.

but, all off subject, eh?
I guess by "seamless", you mean smooth movements? You could probably go into mouse settings (or the trackpad settings in the Boot Camp control panel) to see if changing acceleration - or other cursor speed settings - help in any way.
But, it's still Windows, after all. And, there may be something else than the trackpad++. I have not ever looked for anything else.
I will say that anytime I boot into Windows, I plug in a standard USB mouse, and use that, instead of the trackpad. I care little about the gestures in Windows anyway. The mouse simply works better -- for me...

What will happen if I accidentally delete the iso file? That is why i am so scared. Will I lose all my hard drive contents/
If you accidentally delete the ISO file, then you would not have the ISO file.
Not sure why you might think you would lose anything (other than the ISO file itself, nor why that would scare you...
You would just download that Windows iso again --
but, I just copy it from my external storage drive, where I make a copy of the ISO before doing anything else. And if you do the same, you won't even lose much time - and still nothing to be scared about.

Hey, there. Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm on the hunt for similar info. I'm actually in the market for a MacBook Pro, but I need Windows 10 for work purposes. From what I've heard, running Windows 10 through BootCamp should be pretty seamless, although I can't say from personal experience.
As for the license key situation, it's my understanding that you can download and install Windows 10 for free, but you'll need to eventually purchase a license key in order to activate it. There are some cheap options out there, like the Reddit Windows keys sub, but I'll leave that up to you.
In terms of tips for a smoother Windows experience on a Mac, I've heard that using a standard USB mouse instead of the trackpad can be helpful. You may also want to check your mouse/trackpad settings to see if adjusting the acceleration or cursor speed helps.

Last edited:
Hey, there. Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm on the hunt for similar info. I'm actually in the market for a MacBook Pro, but I need Windows 10 for work purposes. From what I've rmacs of the, rSilicon era rhunning Windows 10 through BootCamp should be pretty seamless, although I can't say from personal experience.
The only did seemly on Intel Macs! In the Silicon versions can only run Windows Arm versions now! So the only Mac left to do seamlessly is
intel Mac Pro!

Back