Interview the person beneath you

A: I'm gonna have to say duck since I've never had it and I like to try new things :)

Q: Whats the longest flight you've ever taken?

London Heathrow -> Brisbane, Australia.
25 hours (including a 1-hour stop in Singapore).
Talk about jet lag!

What's the least-accessible place you've ever visted?

I was having trouble with my recently purchased 2nd hand vga NOKIA 445xi Plus monitor hooked to my new G5. The screen was blacking out at start up. I searched the forums and found 1 possibly 2 simple solutions as the monitor now works. After many hours of troubleshooting, prior to finding your site, your site is now my Macintosh Bible for my G5.

TIPS
1. press command-shift-a-v when starting up . . . not sure if that's the whole reason it works but I did this first and also . . .

2. Start up in safe mode - simply hold down shift when starting up to get to safe mode. Here's where I made sure, in the displays preferences to make my display resolution refresh rate no more than 75mhz and picked a lower resolution.

? QUESTION

What's the best disk utility for osx?

Way to not answer Quark's question at all :p
A: there aren't any good ones that I know of (other then Apple's)

Q: What have you created that you take the most pride in?

I'd have to say my first OpenBSD embedded system.

How much do you spend on computer hardware/software each year?

Answer: More than my mother knows. This year, it's around $4000, which is a lot when you consider I'm a college student. But I did get a shiny new powerbook....

Question: Favourite comfort food? (As I eat chocolate truffle cake from my favourite deli/bakery...)

A: Cornbread, salmon patties, some kind of green veg only slightly cooked.

Q: What's your favourite natural fibre?

A: when i still had a working mac, it was a tie between Mail.app and iTunes. They ran all the time

Q: What song gives you goosebumps?

I thought it was Basil Poledouris that had composed the soundtrack to Conan the Barbarian. Crap film – GREAT music!

A. No, I don't know Hans Zimmer.

Q. Of the many Hollwood remakes of Japanese horror films, "The Ring", "The Grudge", etc, which do you prefer, the originals or the remakes?

A: I haven't seen any of the originals (that I know of). Having said that, I like The Ring, but The Ring II looks like YAS (Yet Another Sequel).

Q: In the context of "if I knew then what I know now"... If you could go back and do it again... would you?

CQ, you are right. The soundtrack is from Basil Poledouris. But Hans Zimmer is doing all the soundtracks from the newer movies. I mixed it up.

A: Sure! But on the other hand: me knowing what I knew in those days brought me the life I am enjoying now. So, if going back would risc things to be different I would rather not go back.

Q: Do you enjoy your life the way it is right now?

I wouldn't trade my wife and kids for anything. :) It's amazing how your priorities change once you have a family. I don't think I would enjoy my life any other way now. :)

Do you have a family of your own?? If so, how many kids?

A: I'm married, but no kids yet. I'm looking forward to having kids, though I know when I have kids, I'll look back fondly on the days when I could sleep all night... And I'll throw in, I'm an only child, and my wife has a brother.

Q: If you were a plant, what plant would you be and why?

I don't think it was only due to the tires although Bridgestone took the whole blame. I really like Michael Schumacher as a person so I hope for his team. And I am positive Michael Schumacher will show a nice run in the next grand prix.

Do you think computer games can increase the intelligence?

Games such as GTA, Mortal Kombat, etc? I think you'll find that they have the opposite effect – that they reduce intelligence.

Tetris, on the other hand, is not unlike the kind of problem you get in IQ tests, so I suppose playing could well increase intelligence.

I'm currently playing the Total War series of games: Medieval, Viking Invasion and Rome. Whereas there are no inherent educational qaulities to them, having to balance the many different aspects of building an empire and the mental workout that this entails could have beneficial effects on intelligence.

Which country makes the best films?

Back