iPhone 3GS - 6/17 delivery?

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Well, Apple decided to ship out my iPhone 3GS today and according to UPS, it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. How cool would that be? I won't hold my breath, but that would be a pleasant surprise.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

I envy you..

Id have one ordered already if I could find a way to get out of my existing contract without paying $30 a month in penalties..

Apparently, I requested the iPhone 3GS not be delivered to me until a future date. ??? Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true.

:)

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 9
Try picking it up yourself. Today. I mean: If you decide to pick it up later, you can also re-decide, right? ;)

Try picking it up yourself. Today. I mean: If you decide to pick it up later, you can also re-decide, right? ;)

Yea, I should be able to call and say... I changed my mind, can you go ahead and delivery that tomorrow to me. :) It's in KY and I'm in KS.

:)

Hehe... I think Apple is behind this so-called "shipping delay" (in fact, I'm sure of it), and perhaps UPS/FedEx does not have the ability to enter into their systems, "Shipper needs all packages delivered on a certain date for brand-impact reasons, hold all packages at a central location, distribute and deliver accordingly on the 19th." So they just stuck in a code they did have -- "Receiver requested a delay in delivery."

I'm interested to see if you can pick up your package before the 19th -- my money is that UPS tells you no! :)

Looks like I'll have to wait until Friday. Then toss out my Authorized Signature form when I have to attend a Fathers Day picnic with my girls. Murphy's Law says it will come during that time. ;)

I just received my very first iPhone (3GS 32 G, Black). It is in the sync phase now and then I have to learn how to use it. :)

Mine came around 10-10:30am this morning.

Very slick. Love it. Pictures are great, video is awesome. Considering I don't have a video camera and my 10 year old 3MP Coolpix only does small 30 sec no audio videos, and I don't carry my camera around ever unless it’s a specific event. So, nice to have a better quality camera in my pocket and a video feature.

It is faster. I have a Bible program that takes forever to change chapters and use on the 3G phone, and one the primary reasons I upgraded for the speed of just being able to change back and forth to different verses faster. That it does just as I would have hoped.

Now if only we had the faster over the air data network here in KC, I'd be set. The tethering hack works as well. Thankfully. I have wanted that for a long time.

Worth the extra $200 I had to pay since my I just bought my 3G phone a year ago.

Glad to hear all this. I guess by the time I get mine in September, we'll be enjoying software 3.0.2. But since I haven't heard of annoying kinks yet, I'm really looking towards a top-notch experience.

Strange sidenote, btw.: I lost my Stocks app when I restored my 2.2.1 backup to a restored (clean installed) 3.0. I redid the process and the same thing happened again. I guess I could set it up as a "new phone", as they say, but I guess I can live without stocks for 2 months. (Or maybe 3.0.1 will bring that icon back to me sooner...)

Back