iPhone day tomorrow!!

andyhargreaves

Registered
So it's the big day tomorrow. Let's have a few guesses...

- biggest surprise feature
- most disappointing feature/lacking feature
- closing price of first iPhone to sell on eBay

Also, who's going to be the first FM to get iPhone and post on here with it? And how will you prove it's from iPhone?

Andy

Apple has done a GREAT job marketing and holding out on this product to get you guys to be this ecstatic about it, I heard stories of people in New York City camping outside of Cingular stores... Its ok to wait for the 2nd or 3rd generation iPhone. Don't feel like you have to be the first, it'll only have mechanical issues as the most first wave of high-profile electronics always do :)

But then again apple has been pretty good with products working right the first time... so have fun with you iPhone!, I have an iPod and Sprint service already, and they both work fantastic! Having an iPhone for me would be pointless except for the satisfaction of telling people that "Hey, I have an iPhone".

Also, how about letting us know how much it cost you guys total for cell phone, contract, insurance, & service the day of getting it so we know how much it cost to walk out with an iPhone? I'm curious.

Really?? I'm sure that's a whole different discussion!!

Andy

ROFLMBO (same as AO but cleaner :D)

I won't be buying this anytime soon. One, because I know from experience how 1st gen products from Apple turn out. Two, because it's WAAAAY out of my price range. Three, because we already have a nice family plan with T-Mobile and so does the rest of our family, so it's to our best interest to stay with T-Mobile. The plan we have also lets us call any other T-Mobile user for free.

I DO hope that the touch tech makes its way to the Mac as well as the iPods. But as for the phone itself? No thanks...I don't need anything like this right now.

I would love an N800 though. :D

I actually stopped by my local AT&T (formally Cingular) store today and asked about getting an iPhone but they told me since my contract is not up until next spring that they don't know if I would be able to upgrade my phone. They actually said to stop by Saturday and that they would be able to answer my upgrade account (to iPhone) question. I guess they are even in a NDA agreement and wouldn't be able to talk about it until thew iPhone release.

1. Biggest surprise feature - Compatibility with 3G by second generation (although Apple won't say it publicly until Rev 2 is out)

2. Most disappointing feature / lack of feature - No VGA webcam on front to videoconference

3. Closing price of first iPhone sold on eBay - $5,000

I m exciting and will buy TWO!!!
I think somebody was in a rush?.. maybe?
lol.
Anyway. I dont see the point in having a iPhone, Apple computer, and an Apple iPod. I already have 2 phones. All I do on them is work up huge bills. Imagine what I could do with Google Earth or maps what ever it is and the internet Imagine the amount I could build up with them features.
Im not saying that I dont want one. They look awsome but all I do with phones is brake them, loose them or use them :) so I dont realy see the point.

Charlie

It's awesome! Got mine as well. I have not been amazed at a product since 1999 when I got a Tivo. This truly is an amazing product.

Sorry for you!

Oh don't be sorry. There nothing wrong with being practical. I'm quite happy with my cheapy Motorola phone...it just works! That's something I've always expected from Apple, but it seems as though it all went out the door. So far some of the videos featuring the touch technology have it reminding me of the Newton/eMate, although at least the iPhone does correct you.

Someone that I know who works for AT&T and actually likes Apple's products said the thing was horrible compared to what was out there. She liked the technology behind it, but thought this particular generation of iPhone was a dud.

Not much different than how I feel about it, really.

I love Apple's products, but I won't blindly follow the iHype and "buy TWO!!!" :rolleyes: I'll be saving the money for a MacBook Pro. ;)

Back