iPhoto 11

JJiMAC

Registered
I have a new iMac and upgraded to Lion so this version of iPhoto is the latest but when I go to "sort" photos that are in an album and want to do it manually I noticed that that option is listed but in a much lighter type face and doesn't respond when I hit it with the curser. This would seem to be a simple option on iPhoto so I can simply arrange these photos in an order that I want. My old iPhoto allowed me to do this. What am I doing wrong? There has to be a way to sort photos manually. Help!

Are you actually in a created album - or are you trying to manually sort your photo library (which has the title "Photos" and is a standard selection under the Library heading, and not the Albums area where you can create any album)?
You can't manually sort the Photos library (where ALL your pictures are viewable), but you should be able to manually sort any created album

Ever since I updated Lion a couple of days ago, I can't open iPhoto. Or rather it crashes as soon as it opens. I repaired the disk permissions and that did nothing. Any other suggestions?

In Lion leave iPhoto closed. Then click on the bare desktop. Hold down your 'option/alt' key and click on Finder's Go menu. In Go's drop-down select 'Library' When ~/Library/ opens up elect the folder for Preferences and in Preferences select the file:com.apple.iPhoto.plist and drag it to the TrashCan. Then relaunch iPhoto and see if starts up. If it does start empty the TrashCan, if it doesn't then put that files back and please report back if it doesn't or doesn't work for you.

Back