iphoto crashes on import

ceptic

Registered
Hey All,
New to this imac game... pleasantly supprised tho'.
Problem is have downlaoded iphoto and upgraded OS X so that iphoto now recognises my Canon S30. Trouble is : i have 137 photos on file and after clicking import the application crashes with approx 40 pics remaining to import and the application closes.

Have tried reinstalling but no avail.

Does this mean I have to use classic still or is it something I am doing wrong.

Cheers,

Ceptic

I had this same problem with my Canon s110. I think I fixed it by turning off the cameras auto shut down feature. Evry time I almost got to the end of a card it would kill iPhoto, I think the camera shuts down after 2 minutes. Try it.

I have the same problem with my Kodak 3600. What I found was that the camera occasionally writes bad files to the media card and when iPhoto hits the bad file on import, it crashes.

If this is the case -- go into the camera, delete the bad file, and then have iPhoto import again.

Hope this helps,
Bob.

Cheers all, it turned out to be that the canon camera was timing out and self shutdown activating. I took the advise offered and this has corrected the import prob.

Ta all.

What is 'FlipMac?'
I am truly confident that the OP has been waiting over 9 years for this irrelevant answer :D

As DeltaMac said, you're replying to a thread/problem that is close to 10 years old.

In other words:

1) The original poster has probably solved their problem by now, or...
2) The original poster has given up on their problem, or...
3) The original poster doesn't care anymore.

Not only that, but the circumstances surrounding Macs and Mac OS X were completely different at that time, so what's relevant today wasn't relevant back then.

Case-in-point: I'm not even sure Flip4Mac existed back in 2002, so your suggestion would be completely irrelevant for the version of Quicktime and the version of Mac OS X the original poster was using.

MS still supported WMPlayer at that point (2002)
Flip4Mac replaced WMPlayer functionality, when MS stopped distributing WMPlayer in Jan 2006, according to Wikipedia.

That still leaves the poor OP unfixed (from 9 years ago), and not likely helped by removing WMPlayer, either.
Just curious why you would think that removing Flip4Mac would help with an iPhoto problem, even now?

Apparently, Flip4Mac used to have some known issues with iLife applications.

Since iPhoto handles movie files as well, and movie files are handled by the system-level Quicktime libraries, and Flip4Mac "enhances" those system-level binaries with certain extensions, I guess in some odd logic-based reasoning system, Flip4Mac may seem like a culprit.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-10332668-263.html

However, that's from 2006, so we're still not any closer to determining what the problem in 2002 was (or is)... ;)

Back