Is my SuperDrive Sleepy?

Ezd50

Registered
I've been having my Pioneer DVR 106D for a couple of weeks now. And I just can't figure something out. When I first boot up my QS 733 G4 the drive works flawlessly. However, if I allow a disk to remain in the drive long enough for my machine to go to sleep, when wake it up, the drive does not respond. If I drag the disc icon to the trash it throws the image away, but that's it, no eject. If I double click the icon, it does nothing.
I'm running Panther, my ATA drive order is HD-0, SuperDrive-1
Oh, I've already returned one drive thinking it was defective. Apparently it wasn't the drive, could it be a setting?
Please help.

EZD

Ezd50 said:
I'm running Panther, my ATA drive order is HD-0, SuperDrive-1

EZD
Maybe you should try changing the superdrive's jumper setting. It may need to be drive-0 also. Change the jumper settings so your superdrive is set as a Master (not cable-select). Before you ask, your two drives are connected to separate IDE busses, and both buses can have master drives (or drive-0). The issue that I have seen, is a SuperDrive that is not set specifically as Master, may not be fully functional on your system. If a simple jumper change fixes that, then try it out!

Open System Preferences, then go to the Energy Saver preference pane. UNcheck "Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible." This should fix the problem.

DeltaMac said:
Maybe you should try changing the superdrive's jumper setting. It may need to be drive-0 also. Change the jumper settings so your superdrive is set as a Master (not cable-select). Before you ask, your two drives are connected to separate IDE busses, and both buses can have master drives (or drive-0). The issue that I have seen, is a SuperDrive that is not set specifically as Master, may not be fully functional on your system. If a simple jumper change fixes that, then try it out!

Thanks, I didn't realize they were on two separate busses, I give it a try.

EZD

Back