isync sony ericsson m600i

guygw

Registered
I just got a sony ericsson m600i and have discovered that it doesn't sync with ical or anything mac. i have osx latest update on a mac book pro and can't seem to find anything that helps. Anyone know of a work around on this or the timimg of an isync update to cover this rather big gap? Thanks

Yes, it works pretty good.

It has this cool feature where the phone will automatically sync when the phone is by your Mac. It syncs this way over Bluetooth.

I have been bad boy here :) But I did not have enough time to reply either in the meantime. All thanks for advises what to get to resolve the problem.

I have bought this software and it does the primary job - I needed something to transfer contacts. It works fine it is a bit annoying about reminding to sync but this is also good because everyone has new contacts all the time both on computer and on telephone.

Unfortunately I am not too happy with it. There are some error messages about running out of memory and I did not have enough time to attend to it but as I have said primary function works fine and since this is my major need I am happy just not too happy as yet.

Software looks impressive in functions there is potential to transfer other things like files, todo's, appointments, sms messages etc. but since it works also with some other phones (presumably symbian of course) i kind of question if all supported phones are actually supported in all functions. It could also be that I need to update firmware in the phone to some newer release and this may be tricky to do on Mac. So it could also be a phone mistake not this particular software mistake. I am still investigating what is maximum of functionality and as soon as I have a bit of a time to do deeper inspection and clear doubts where errors come from I will reflect on it a bit more.

It is nicely done, installs easily, pairs with phone quickly, interesting thing for me was installation of phone part of application which is done through messaging and of course to sync phone with mac one needs to start phone's application so phone's side would be able to talk to the program. Which in another word means that both systems do not even recognize anything except may basic communication and all functionality is done from Mac Sybc Application and Phone Sync Application. Whis is minimal hassle to do.

Sync is smooth, alerts whenever there is doubt about similar or same record. 3 methods are supplied, one syncing and 2 overwriting in 2 directions. I tried syncing mac with another phone and I have same contacts, it seems to be that software would prefer in this case to create a duplicate record in Address Book on Mac which is considerable ok but one shall be aware about other ways of transfers (e.g. via GMS card from phone to phone) and then syncing phones. You may end up with many duplicates and would may need some maintenance of Address Book. It seems to be that contacts are related to phone ID or something of the kind. This is edge case so it is not so important but it is a caveat someone may consider too. I find it good judgement not to overwrite anything and duplicates even being inconvenient are fully understandable. Its not AI application ;)

I have also checked Leopard and new iSync to see if new version supports symbian and my phone it and found it not supporting. Which means that even if I have upgraded OS to Leopard I would still need this software.

If there is more interest I will reflect a bit more when I investigatemore to it but this will not be too soon....

I wish to thank everyone for commenting and suggestions!

But you don't. Test such links before posting them, please. -> "This software is not available for the M600i."

Back