iTunes price hike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Alienware computers are designed for gamers, and they are quite popular in that area :)

Oh and if you are looking at PC cases and cooling capabilities, have a look at RealTek, they have some awesome cases with digital thermo readouts etc, all sorts of flashy bells and whistles. Just FYI.
I have to admit that I didnt know that Alienware did servers, and the deal you got with them sounds sweet - you know you're a valued customer when the Pres turns up fro the install....

Highlight a problem, find a solution. Not highlight a problem, be attacked by everyone and their Grandmother (Happy Mother's Day) who dismiss even the slightest (and that's what it was) suggestion of a problem.
problem solving? your first post on this thread that you started was about how you had already solved the problem by using alienware servers, and you were looking into a different music player.
when you announce to the community that you have solved your problem then is the community supposed to say right on and pat you on the back?
the point of your thread was to get feed back on your solutions correct?

maybe tellarium is still reading the thread?

Missed that post, whooops :eek:.

Anyway, I don't think you angered the 'iTMS' loyalists by mentioning buying a real CD. No one should fault you for that. I believe it was your mention of illegally 'stealing' the music which may have raised people's hackles. Just because the IRAA isn't 'fair' doesn't make it OK to steal.
And before even mentioning fire in a crowded room, be very sure that what you are saying could not possibly be misinterpreted as meaning there actually is one :).

i dont get what the Alienware servers have to do with iTunes prices....

i just think this guy had somethin negative to say about apple and mentioned it here, he could have started a thread... ! he is allways wellcome to do so...

iTunes prices aint goin down. they might be goin down, that would be a good idea!

but most important for me would be to have 192 AAC instead of 128 !!!

Another interesting topic is iTMS prices in Europe.... a 1euro per song would be good... but based on todays currencies it should be less than that... anythin above 1euro would dissapoint me!!!

telarium said:
As noted on Slashdot and The Register - the price of some songs in iTunes will be upped to $1.25.

Not everything that is said in slashdot is going to happen. Not everything that is speculated in the rumor sites is going to happen either. If it was so, we would have had the video iPods on the market for over a year, the 80 GB iPod since last year, a new version of Newton, and every single show in BBC would be a free mp3 download from BBCs site.

telarium said:
Since I surely won't be paying for this anymore, I suppose I've now rendered my iPod useless (old 5 Gigger) in the legal music arena.

I had considered purchasing a new iPod to replace my older one, but now I think I'm going to take my business to one of the other MP3/WMV players out there. Any suggestions -- I'm thinking of something with a battery life longer than 10 minutes (equivalent to the amount of time my current iPod holds a charge)?

You have an iPod, so what exactly is preventing you from enjoying it? iTMS price raise, which is speculated by some flam.. slashdotters? Have you so far purchased ALL your music from iTMS? Non-US resident (and US residents without a credit card) can't use iTMS. All the British, Italian, Finnish etc etc iPod owners that I know, enjoy their iPod. Yet they have never had the option to purchase even one track from iTMS. They haven't gone all to p2ps, either.
If your iPod really lasts 10 minutes, you might want to change the battery. You can do it yourself with the instructions that were e.g. in one of the latest Macworlds [if your iPod is out of warranty and you believe in your technical skills], or have it changed - I saw some companies advertising changing the battery for new for 79 $ all included, and of course, Apple will change it too.

telarium said:
P.S. - I suppose I should add that they will be selling some albums for $16.99. I think I'll just go purchase the cd for cheaper (Wal-Mart?), and rip it to whatever format I want, without limitations.

Yes, why not do that? Many, many mac users do that. Choose the quality you want. And don't even need to backup all the music, as you own the original too. But even at Wal-Mart, Bestbuy etc, not all albums have the same price. Nothing prevents you from using them all, iTMS, Wal-Mart, Bestbuy, your local music stores ... :)

I can understand anger if prices were too rise, but not when it's just rumors. That said, a very small percentage of my music comes from the iTMS and I've spent more about $200 there, if not more.
Most of my music comes from ripping my CDs.
Though I must agree with soulseek about needing to have a higher quality of aac.

dlloyd said:
Yes, Alienware computers are designed for gamers, and they are quite popular in that area :)

They also have a little-known digital video segment.

Randman said:
But perhaps you haven't seen that your comments in this thread have been quite inciteful and thus have generated the heat that you're now shrinking from.

I suppose Drunkmac's thread was the most insightful (or should I say inciteful) of all. And isn't it interesting how my last post was deleted, yet his remained? Am I not allowed to defend my decisions here?

Randman said:
Highlighting a problem posted by rumor sites that have already been discounted by Apple and adding in personal dissatisfaction with one element and transferring such angst to other elements is hardly problem solving.

I noted the news BEFORE Apple had discounted it.

I didn't transfer my angst - I just stated Alienware, which was not further discussed until Drunkmac came along -- I admit, maybe I should have said x86, and not elaborated any further.

kermit64 said:
the point of your thread was to get feed back on your solutions correct?

Yep. But Drunkmac started hurling accusations my way, so I'm obliged to defend myself, or at least explain why I chose Alienware.

dlloyd said:
Just because the IRAA isn't 'fair' doesn't make it OK to steal.

That's true. I apologize for that. I'm all for intellectual property rights.

Soulseek said:
i dont get what the Alienware servers have to do with iTunes prices....

I don't either, ask drunkmac...

Brad

No flames please, but what was the point of that post? The thread was dead and you just brought it back up for no reason :(

You know, it just occurred to me... This thread doesn't really need to remain open, does it? It could be locked and I don't think anyone would mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back